Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenance

Article about: Hello Forum, I mostly collect cloth insignia, cloth headgear and paperwork like period books and documentation. This is mostly space-related, not interest related. I picked up this Hungarian

?

Default Hungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenance

Hello Forum,

I mostly collect cloth insignia, cloth headgear and paperwork like period books and documentation. This is mostly space-related, not interest related.
    I picked up this Hungarian helmet recently and I would value your opinions. The liner and green paint look authentic to me. As does the nice factory stamp in the back of the MAVAG state steelworks. Due to the bit of rust and dried out leather chinstrap, I would like some tips on how to take care of this. Which product (available in Europe) would you recommend to preserve this piece? I made some scenery shots in my back garden.

Looking forward to any reply. Thank you.

Hungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenanceHungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenance
    Hungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenanceHungarian M38 helmet: opnions and maintenance

?

Hello,
    it is a Hungarian M35 helmet, which was repainted and refurbished after the war. Nich postwar helmet!

?

Köszönöm for the reply! Do you think the liner and chinstrap are later added as well?

Yes, I think it is a late 1940's Tildy helmet.

?

Thanks after researching further I came to the conclusion of 47M Tildy helmet, paint and liner. (35M shells)