Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation

Article about: Hello everyone, I believe that this is a manual for the Type 89 but am not sure. I'm hoping someone would be willing to translate the covers for me. I believe that it may have the owners nam

?

Default Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation

Hello everyone,

I believe that this is a manual for the Type 89 but am not sure. I'm hoping someone would be willing to translate the covers for me. I believe that it may have the owners name and regiment. I would appreciate any help or comments. Thank you.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation   Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation  

Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation   Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation  

Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation   Japanese Grenade Launcher Manual--Request Help With Translation  

?

Hey Nick and Guy, any help possible with this as to a name or unit? It would be much appreciated.

Tom

八九式重擲彈筒取扱法
    Hachikyū-shiki jūtekidantō toriatsukaihō
    Type 89 grenade launcher [mortar] handling method
    The so-called "knee mortar."

川邊 明
    Kawabe Akira

歩三三一九 川邊 明

3319th Infantry Kawabe Akira

?

Thank you Guy!

?

Imo, maybe a little lower with the regt. number, something like 33rd Inf. Regiment, 9th company.

Tom

?

Thanks Tom. I will do some research and see if I can find some information on this regiment.

T.

MAP
    ?

Cool item. First time I've seen one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It is a neat manual. I believe there is a "shrunk" black covered pocket version as well that pops up once in a while.

Tom