Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery cap identification

Article about: Hello, I recently got a cap that peaked my interest. The cap is bright green, has no holes or tears that I can see, and has a Russian WW1 cockade on it which I think was not originally on th

Default Mystery cap identification

Hello, I recently got a cap that peaked my interest. The cap is bright green, has no holes or tears that I can see, and has a Russian WW1 cockade on it which I think was not originally on the cap. The man I bought it from stated that he had a second one that was very similar except for the color of the cap. He also said that someone who bought it from him claimed it was a Hungarian cap from WW2 after some research. I have not found a Hungarian cap that looks remotely similar to this cap. To me, the cap looks similar to WW2 Bulgarian caps I have seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mystery cap identification Mystery cap identificationMystery cap identificationMystery cap identificationMystery cap identificationMystery cap identification

Russian little green men hat

I am starting to think it might be a Russian cap.

From hat colors is could be borderguard? But honestly don't know.

Imperial Russian had similar dozens of color codes per region armies as imperial germany had. Try asking imperial russian collectors who has literature of this.