Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery M43 (but not really)

Article about: Another mystery solved thanks to one of our group members.

?

Default Mystery M43 (but not really)

Obviously, this doesn't belong in the German area, but the cap design is German. I have no idea where this hat came from, though it is definitely old and not a repro. It's brown color is unlike any German M43 I've seen, as are the buttons. The buttons display artillery insignias, and they have Cyrillic on the back of them. Also, the printing inside the cap looks Soviet - but again, I have no idea. Strangely, it has pin holes on the left side (as a German M43 cap would). It is a very small cap. I have looked everywhere for a similar cap, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery M43 (but not really)   Mystery M43 (but not really)  

Mystery M43 (but not really)   Mystery M43 (but not really)  

Mystery M43 (but not really)  

Default Re: Mystery M43 (but not really)

Hi mabrgo, I have an identical cap. It is a mystery to me also. Fingers crossed we get some info, Cheers, Richard.

?

?? Norwegian army guys.
    The markings on the buttons are throwing me though, I dont recognise the motif.

Just a suggestion.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

I have some Cold War era Soviet visor caps with near identical printing in the inside - that (and the Cyrillic) lead me to believe its Soviet or Soviet satellite. But I wasn't aware such countries used M43 type caps...

?

Swedish or Norwegian I believe.

?

Hi mabrgo , i picked up a m43 of the same style and colour a few years ago , from what i could find out its a bulgarian wartime m43. this cap appears to be missing a small cast brass/gilt rampant lion national badge to the crown. from what i could discover these caps were popular with armour and arty units of the bulgarian army. its a nice peice of axis militaria , a much overlooked area of militaria collecting where bargins can still found..hope this has been of some help . .hdpp33/ paul ..

?

Thanks a lot guys. Trying to find any info on this hat has been driving me crazy...
    Matthew

?

PPSH43, is this the insignia you meant?
    Attached Images Attached Images Mystery M43 (but not really) 

?

hi, yeah that appears to be the one i mentioned , unable to check with my example . all packed away for an upcoming move. but from what i can recall its the one.

?

Awesome. Thanks a lot!
    Matthew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast