Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello, this is my Commander's cross of the Romanian order of the Crown with swords. The model seems to be from either 1935 or 1938 and has markings in three different places (both sides of t

Default Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?

Hello, this is my Commander's cross of the Romanian order of the Crown with swords.
    The model seems to be from either 1935 or 1938 and has markings in three different places (both sides of the smaller ring and on the handle of one of the swords.
    The medal has some rough cuts at the crowns (could be errors or damage) either way some pictures of the originals on the internet show them having those.
    No part of the cross is magnetic (one of the marks spells ,,silber")
    I haven't seen or heard of reproductions of this particular medal but maybe I'm missing something.
    Is this medal real?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?   Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?  

Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?   Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?  

Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?   Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?  

To me the medal is legit. I see no red flags in the pics. The ribbon is also original and in good condition. A very nice item indeed!!!!
    Greetings from Romania
    Sever

Thank you very much!

I was worried especially by the middle of the crown from the upper right in the medal's back, but I 've seen other examples that had the same mould error

Default The error

This is ok, Right?
    Area has some tiny scratches over it as well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Crown of Romania Real or Fake?  

It is ok. To me it looks like a sign of wearing

Thank you very much, greetings from the region of Muntenia!