Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Original Finnish Winter War platoon level war diary found on the internet

Article about: A Good Day. I found this unique original war diary for the 1. and 2. platoons of the Mortar Company of the 38th Infantry Regiment on a well known Internet Auction site last week. Finnish Win

Jan
    ?

Default Original Finnish Winter War platoon level war diary found on the internet

A Good Day.

I found this unique original war diary for the 1. and 2. platoons of the Mortar Company of the 38th Infantry Regiment on a well known Internet Auction site last week. Finnish Winter war (platoon level) war diaries are very rare and (just to be on the safe side) I secured it immediately.

Today it finally arrived safely in the mail.

The war diary covers the time period 13.10.1939-09.04.1940. The mostly very sad and tragic contents will be published as part of a modern conflict archaeology scientific publication in 2024.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Finnish Winter War platoon level war diary found on the internet   Original Finnish Winter War platoon level war diary found on the internet  

?

That should be an interesting read. Glad you secured it!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/