Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...

Article about: found this weird "work of art " at my local auction house. I got it for 30 euro's and was honestly ready to go much higher. I took the medals from the scene and to me the order of

Default Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...

found this weird "work of art " at my local auction house.
    I got it for 30 euro's and was honestly ready to go much higher.
    I took the medals from the scene and to me the order of the star, is a neck order measuring 5 cm wide and marked "Gesch" on the bottom. And WWII issued.
    Correct me please if I am wrong.
    The painting is signed at the bottom Luli August Sturdza, I also would like to know who this was....?

Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

A Google translate.....

Luli August Sturdza | Humanitas

OLD AUGUST STURDZA, painter, graphic artist, decorating artist, was born on January 24, 1922 in Bucharest, as daughter of Elena and Henri August. She graduated from the "Nicolae Grigorescu" Institute of Fine Arts in Bucharest, the 1948 promotion, having as professors Eustatie Stoenescu in painting and Simion Iuca at engraving. In parallel with the plastic arts, he attended the courses of the Faculty of Law. Between 1949 and 1958 he lived in clandestinity. In April 1949 he ran away from home when Securitate came to arrest her. By the end of the 1950s, he had been hiding in various friends - including the Dinescu and Alexandru Paleologu families, where the architect Virgil Antonescu was hiding, always changing his address and leaving the house only at night. On December 30, 1950, with a fake identity card, he married Amzei Square City Hall with engineer Petre Sturdza, her name becoming Ioana Sturdza. She moved to Braila, where her husband worked, and four to five years later in Lupeni and then Petrosani. In 1958, before Christmas, she was arrested following a denunciation, but in one month she was released, for the information she could have given to the Securitate had become useless (the people helped by her ten years earlier had been arrested and most had already left prison). Between 1960 and 1979 she regularly participated in decorative art exhibitions in the country and abroad, where she exhibited ceramics, textiles, embroidery, painting on wood and glass, collages, posters. In 1961 he won a ceramics prize in Prague. Between 1970 and 1978 he had several personal exhibitions: 1970 - Bucharest, London; 1971 - Paris, München; 1972, 1974, 1976, 1978 - Bucharest. Since 1963, she has performed film and theater costumes and decorations. In 1964, he collaborated with IL Caragiale on delicacy politics and won the film's plastic film award at Oberhausen, Austria, together with Marcel Bogos and Constantin Piliuţă. In 1967 he made the costumes for Tom Sawyer after Mark Twain, a short film produced by Buftea Studios in collaboration with Franco-London Film. In 1976 he made the costumes for Missing Gold of Incas after Jack London, TV series produced by Telemünchen. In 1978 he performed the costumes for Uncle Vanea by AP Chekhov, played at the Mic Theater in Bucharest, and won a prize at Novisad, Yugoslavia. Between 1967 and 1975 he was an artistic director at the "Decorativa" company in Bucharest. At the end of 1978 he left the country permanently, for one year he worked in Europe and in 1979 he had personal exhibitions in London and Geneva. established in the US in Los Angeles, where he continued to work as a plastic artist, and had personal exhibitions in Hollywood in 1984 and 1988. In 1984, 1985 and 1986, he won the 1st Prize at Marylin Clark's Easter Parade, . In 1988 he performed the costumes for the 100th anniversary of Eugene O'Neill, celebrated at Hollywood's "Gene Dynarski" theater, and in 1989 he made the costumes for Eugen Ionescu's Chairs , played at the Friends & Artists Theater in Hollywood. Los Angeles.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Beautiful group, cap cords and plumes too.
    Not to mention Buttons, nice find.

Yep, removed them too!
    But reading what Map found, I might have done something stupid...
    Romanian medals.... fixed.... to a painting...

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Yes this would fall under Collage, but with the before photo you could always repair it, if there is a market.
    Please keep us updated.

MAP
    ?

If you still have the feathers, should be an easy fix.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I still got it all.
    Feathers came of military Romanian period headdresses...
    Only took off what was fixed with wires, all remains are glued....

cheers
    |<ris

Found a book about here and the cover shows work from here.
    The similarity with the work I got is striking.

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

Wonder what her stuff goes for

CBH
    ?

I hope you can find out what it's worth. Good Luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast