MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Article about: Dear collective wissdom, I would appreciate your opinion on this helmet, and especially on the slovakian cross and blue band, as there are a lot of fakes. Thanks in advance !

Default Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Dear collective wissdom,
    I would appreciate your opinion on this helmet, and especially on the slovakian cross and blue band, as there are a lot of fakes.
    Thanks in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Slovakian VZ32 helmet   Slovakian VZ32 helmet  

Slovakian VZ32 helmet   Slovakian VZ32 helmet  

I'm suspicious. On all the examples I have seen they have avoided painting the cross on the bolts. To me it seems it was done on purpose here to create some artificial rust look.
    Is it possible to provide pictures of the crosses in a better resolution?

/Jesper

JesperS , it is not yet in my possession and not sure at all that I will buy it. Had to make a printscreen and copy in 'paint'.
    Maybe the link will give a better insight :

Czechoslovakia. Helmet model VZ 32 with the painting of the Slovak Republic 1939-1945 | Militaria Barcelona

Although on this archive picture (found on 'brandonshelmets'), the cross seems to touch the blue band and the cross is mostly painted on the level of a bolt...
    Sorry, had to edit this post, as when taking a better look, the bolt is located next to the cross...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Slovakian VZ32 helmet  

I don't like that site too much. They have far too many fantasy helmets to be trustworthy (but to their credit they mostly do state when the helmets are obviously repainted).

The blue band looks good, but I don't like the crosses.

?

Lightbulb

Hello, I don't like the placement of the cross either. Here are some Netes pictures.
    Regards,
    Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Slovakian VZ32 helmet   Slovakian VZ32 helmet  

Slovakian VZ32 helmet  

?

Dear collective wissdom,
    I would appreciate your opinion on this helmet, and especially on the slovakian cross and blue band, as there are a lot of fakes.
    Thanks in advance !
    Hello, IMO something is off with that VZ32 helmet, the paint on & in the shell seems new and lifeless for a 80 years old helmet (repaint?). The head of rivets should have lost paint being hit often because of their size. The componants of the helmet seems aged, the chinstrap looks like a reproduction.

Here are a few photos of my VZ32 for comparison.
    PS: I'm no expert, is my VZ32 authentic? Yes, it's Slovak version? Not sure but I like it. Jack

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

?

These helmets are very hard to say if they are good or bad, there are photos of the cross placement on and off the rivet, so I don’t think it helps with originality.
    I would love to have one of these in my collection but this wouldn’t be it in my opinion for the reasons Jack mentioned. If you have doubts then don’t buy it.

Ken Niewiarowicz sold one on his website German Helmets Inc | Just another WordPress site back end of last year and had a good description of things to look for on originals but I didn’t make a copy of it.

Steve

Thanks everyone for the input. Indeed...chinstrap looks relatively new according to the rest of the inside. And if I was a Slovakian fighting with the Germans, I would paint the cross next to the bolt as there is plenty of space...And a while ago I saw a luftshutz gladiator with a typical fake decal on this website.

?

Collectors Guild had a nice one, priced as I would expect to see a helmet like this. The Collector's Guild

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Slovakian VZ32 helmet

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast