Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?

Article about: Hi Forum I cannot find a better section than this, I have just bought some Spanish Belt Buckles and I have been using Google to find more info, could they be from the Civil war (i think the

Default Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?

Hi Forum
    I cannot find a better section than this, I have just bought some Spanish Belt Buckles and I have been using Google to find more info, could they be from the Civil war (i think the one with the Cereceda stamp is, or perhaps all of them, they seems "old"), could they be from the Franco periode. Perhaps the shape has been used for decades, from the civil war untill the Franco periode ?

Regards

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?   Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?  

Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?   Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?  

Spanish Belt Buckles- Civil war ?  

?

Hello John, these types of buckles have been in use for decades as you stated from the civil war until the end of the Franco regime in the 1970's. It is difficult to narrow it down to a specific time within this period. I have not been able to find references to distinguish the slight differences in pattern. Some of yours certainly look old enough to be at least 1940's or 50's era perhaps even civil war.

Al

Hi Al
    Thank you for your reply, they can be from the civil war until Franco periode, it is hard to be certain, but they are "old" and as you write they can be from the 40´s or 50´s era.
    Regards
    John

?

Nice lot of buckles mate.
    I have a few as well , I will have to dig them all out , they are all similar yet different variation in stampings.
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1451879

Attachment 1451880

Nice collection, great to see what other people have collected, and also we can be "rewarded" to see some special and rare editions.
    Regards
    John