MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Peak/Visor Caps

Article about: Hi All, I saw these hung up whilst at a recent local antiques event (it was more like a car boot). It wasn't too busy due to the weather being poor. These were my only find there, I got a go

Default Spanish Peak/Visor Caps

Hi All,

I saw these hung up whilst at a recent local antiques event (it was more like a car boot). It wasn't too busy due to the weather being poor. These were my only find there, I got a good deal on these or at least I think I did as there's not a great deal of Spanish militaria of any sort here. Last time this event was on my brother and mum that went and picked up an EK2 for me.

The first one is a for an Alférez (Equivalent to 2nd Lieutenant) indicated by the single six point star. This appears to be the older of the two and is in poorer condition as it is begining to collapse, it also has some damp staining, if there's any advice on how to remove this without damaging the cap. The cap has the Spanish buillion eagle stitched directly to it. Two castellated crown Spanish eagle buttons. A greyed leather sweatband with silk lining. It's manufacturer is faded but reads "BERMUDEZ, Masones.4 Granada".

The second cap is ranked to a Brigada (Brigadier, for Spain this is a rank that appears equivalent to Warrant Officer 2nd Class) indicated by insignia under the eagle. This is the newer of the two caps, in better condition. This has a little mothing and a split in the sweatband. It appears that it's more likely a Post 1975 cap as the crown over the eagle is closed, although retains castellated crown eagle buttons. It is in better condition and has two vent holes on either side of the brim. Under the peak is a plastic reinforcing strip. Still with a leather sweatband however a synthetic lining. Manufacturer lable - "Nietos de Gonzalez Mancebo, Valencia".

Both caps retain the gold chinstraps.

Please correct it if these are in the wrong forum area, there's not a great deal as to where to post Spanish militaria, some seem to be over here and others on the Western Allies section.

Hope you all Enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Peak/Visor Caps   Spanish Peak/Visor Caps  

Spanish Peak/Visor Caps   Spanish Peak/Visor Caps  

?

Nice pick Matt, interesting description of the caps & from where you got them.
    Jack

?

Thanks for showing