Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish use of the Lathi L35 pistol and Finnish use of the Husqvarna m/40

Article about: I know Husqvarna in Sweden manufactured the Finnish Lahti L/35 pistol under license from Finland. It was adopted for use by the Swedish military as the m/40. My questions are: Did the Swedis

Default Swedish use of the Lathi L35 pistol and Finnish use of the Husqvarna m/40

I know Husqvarna in Sweden manufactured the Finnish Lahti L/35 pistol under license from Finland. It was adopted for use by the Swedish military as the m/40.

My questions are:

Did the Swedish military ever purchase any Lahti L/35 pistols from Finland (ie did Finland export the L/35 to Sweden?)

The m/40 - were any ever exported to Finland as war aid or purchased outright by the Finnish military either during the Winter War or later? (and used during the Continuation or Lapland Wars)

I have read that when the Swedish volunteers went to Finland, they brought with them Swedish m/96 rifles and m/94 carbines, which were left behind when the volunteers returned to Sweden.

If this 'story' is true then I am assuming this was done with the approval of the Swedish government and military. Is this factual or a myth? Or were the m/96 rifles and m/94 carbines used in Finland only those weapons that were given to Finland as 'war aid' by the Swedish government?

What, if any, Swedish equipment webbing and uniforms were actually taken by the volunteers with them to Finland? Did Svenska Frivilligkåren use Swedish or Finnish uniforms, equipment and webbing in Finland? Or either? Or a combination of both? What about later Swedish volunteers that did not return to Sweden after the Winter War?

Thanks, dastier.
    Last edited by dastier; 10-27-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Edited to make more concise.