Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling

Article about: Hello everyone, Right off the bat I must apologize for the very poor quality of the photos. I've not been able to take re-shoot as of yet. I had my camera on the wrong setting (RAW) when I t

?

Default Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling

Hello everyone,
    Right off the bat I must apologize for the very poor quality of the photos. I've not been able to take re-shoot as of yet. I had my camera on the wrong setting (RAW) when I took the shots and am not able to copy/transfer the photos without distortion.

I inherited this rifle from my father. He and I scoured many a flea markets in the early 1970s and at that time surplus rifles (especially WWII Japanese rifles) were easily had. Unfortunately, for a few of these, like the one shown, he sanded/refinished the stock.......which today makes me cringe. It is what it is though and I truly appreciate the times that he and I had and his interest in collecting. I may try to rub the stock with linseed oil to gradually darken the wood or may just leave it alone. If I remember correctly, all of the components, i.e., dust cover, anti-aircraft sight, monopod, and rubberized sling were on the rifle at the time he purchased it. I've not attempted to take the sling off. It is very stiff and the rubber has oozed out in places. I think that this may have happened since it was purchased in the 1970s, likely due to storage conditions which have no always been ideal.

I'm hoping that someone (Guy/Nick?) might be willing to translate the Kanji on the sling, if it is clear enough for translation. Could this be the maker or name of the soldier? Thank you for looking, and again sorry for the poor photos.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling   Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling  

Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling   Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling  

Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling   Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling  

Translation Request of Kanji on Type 99 Sling  

MAP
    ?

While we wait for the pro's. the top Kanji is the number "3"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you MAP.

Tom