Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?

Article about: Hi all, I recently bought this cap in a mixed lot in an auction and I can’t quite work out what it is. I believe it to be Hungarian and it looks original wartime. It also has a waffenstamp

Default Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?

Hi all, I recently bought this cap in a mixed lot in an auction and I can’t quite work out what it is. I believe it to be Hungarian and it looks original wartime. It also has a waffenstamp and other markings. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Pat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?   Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?  

Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?   Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?  

Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?   Unknown cap? Hungarian ww2?  

My opinion.
    Ink waffenstamps are fake, they exist just to fish more money when sold. Ink stamps are easiest made fakes.
    Cap insignia, they are Imperial era, Crown and W as Wilhelm. Pre-1918 before germany and Hungary surrendered and monarchy was de-throned.
    Style of dark-blue cap itself might be older, pre-ww1 made? Don't know is it waterguard, customs or train conductor cap.

?

My 2 cents that this is not a Hungarian cap. I agree with above post that stamps were added to make it more attractive for purchase. Hungarian style is more pointy towards the top.