Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Era Japanese Generator

Article about: I recently purchased the Japanese generator I have pictured from a gentleman who had it advertised on Facebook's Marketplace. He told me he originally had it advertised for \\$250.00 with no s

Default WWII Era Japanese Generator

I recently purchased the Japanese generator I have pictured from a gentleman who had it advertised on Facebook's Marketplace. He told me he originally had it advertised for $250.00 with no serious responses so I purchased it for considerably less than that price. He told me it belonged to his father who passed away and was a collector but knew very little about it other than that. From the looks of it I wonder if it was captured and to put into use by allied forces as on two sides of it are stenciled "No 71", it appears to be complete and is overall in pretty good condition. Ive attempted to take pictures of the nomenclature plates that are attached to it and any information and translation of these would be greatly appreciated!!WWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese GeneratorWWII Era Japanese Generator

?

You don't see something like that every day, very cool!

It was used in connection with the Type 94 radio. You can see details here (need to translate):九四式二号乙無線機 - Wikipedia

The generator itself, looks to be a model 36, was manufactured in Feb. of 1944.

Tom

THank you for your response and information. Sorry for my late response back!

Very nice and unique item. Very few could say they have that in their collection. Nice find.
    John

MAP
    ?

Does it run?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)