Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ACH cover. Genuine issue??

Article about: Hi all! Quick update! Cover arrived today and it is indeed a copy albeit a very good one all the detail is correct and the pattern is bang on! Usually with these copy's you can tell they are

?

Default ACH cover. Genuine issue??

Hi guys! I have found a guy in the UK selling the ACH digital/UCP cover pictured and wondered if any of you can confirm its genuine US issue? There is only this pic and the guy says there is no markings or labels so that raises concerns as I am pretty sure there are copy's. I really want a genuine cover and I am willing to pay well if it is genuine but do not want to pay excessive money for a rip off cover. Any help appreciated all! Cheers! Sean.

ACH cover. Genuine issue??

Default Re: ACH cover. Genuine issue??

That looks legit to me mate, not sure about labels as I have never seen one not on a helmet.

AIF
    ?

It should have a label in it if it is legit... There are a lot of knock off's around.

What size cover are you after? I have a real one here somewhere that you could have as I don't collect US stuff.

Luke.

NCA
    ?

It should also be stamped inside with the makers name and stock code and also it should have the infrared squares sewn on.I'm going with repro on this one...

i'm just saying this as a vet and not an experienced collector in the uniforms and equipment of my own military, but i literally never saw anything without a label on it. personally, i don't think it's possible for anything without a label to be legitimate. either the label was removed or the thing is a copy.

i'd look for another one.

The infra red labels are under those grey flaps, I wouldn't dismiss it straight away. That said, they are common enough to be able to just find another.

?

Hi All! Thank you for the reply's! I did think it looked genuine but as said anything without an issue label raises concerns. Usually though the copy's are easily spotted in my opinion. I might just go for it if I can get a cheap enough price. Hi Luke I am looking for a small/medium cover as that is the size of the issue cover fitted to the helmet now. But saying that the one being sold is medium/large but I thought it should still fit. I actually really like the issue reversible tri-color cover I have now but apparently they were only worn on the earlier model ACH with green shell & black chinstrap produced by MSA I believe. Mine is an 09 dated Gentex with the grey colored shell & chinstrap. Cheers! Sean.

thanks for the post. you learn something every day.

back in my time, there were no "infra red" labels that i'm aware of!

AIF
    ?

Mine should be a small/medium I will have a look for it and get back to you.

?

Hi Luke! Thank you I really appreciate it but its okay. After some correspondence with the guy selling the cover I got it for £13 plus p&p. The guy seemed very fair and I have a gut feeling he does not know what hes selling. Either way it turns out.. Genuine or copy I am happy for £10 so will post pics when it arrives! Failing that being the real deal I am just going to keep the reversible cover on it as I said previously I really like that cover although apparently its not correct for a later Gentex lid. I will keep it until I find another in passing in the future! Cheers! Sean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast