Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Armasure ballistic helmet

Article about: Armasure Ballistic helmet ,this one came with a snug fitting desert camo cover so possibly an export model ,no label present unfortunately but after looking over Greg Pickersgills Composite

Default Armasure ballistic helmet

Armasure Ballistic helmet ,this one came with a snug fitting desert camo cover so possibly an export model ,no label present unfortunately but after looking over Greg Pickersgills Composite finally found what i believe is the same model in the New Zealand section and on the site it is designated an AS44 and i wonder if perhaps these are also produced here in the UK also as after searching further online there is a co.uk website for this manufacturer Armasure ballistic helmetArmasure ballistic helmetArmasure ballistic helmetArmasure ballistic helmet
    Regards James

Nice.

Didn’t Armasure arise from one of the SA companies like Global Armour..or similar?? I came across their name when I was trying to map the evolution of helmet manufacturers...I just can’t remember where.

What was the cover that hid it?

That's an Armasure AS44, I have no doubt of that. There is a UK website at Body Armor | Bullet Proof Vests | Bulletproof Helmets | Ballistic Inserts | United Kingdom The URL cited at CompoSite being now obviously obsolete.

There's no evidence (that I have found so far) linking Armasure to any other preexisting company. They seem to have originated in New Zealand (see here for an example reference Security staff strapping on stab vests | Stuff.co.nz ) and if anything it looks like their UK operation is an outstation of the NZ operation (virtually identical website with .nz address - Armasure | Stab Proof Vest | Stab Vests | Stab Resistant Clothing | New Zealand)

It's not obvious whether any Amarsure products are used by the military of any country.

Thanks Ade ,The snug fitting cover is a variation of the US 6 colour choc chip but not with the velcro tabs but elasticated instead and i am sure i have seen a few pictures of foreign fighters in Iraq or maybe Syria wearing similar covered helmets but can't be certain of the exact helmet types worn though and also thank you Greg and for the positive confirmation of the model type which i am grateful and for the Origins of the Manufacturer
    Regards James

Armasure ballistic helmet
    Regards James

Thanks for the latest pics....I found what I was looking for but Armasure wasn't/isn't part of who I thought they were (Safariland)....or at least weren't when I did my digging.

Nice to finish the year with some Compo stuff here.....'been a bit of a quiet topic this year.

Thanks for digging ,I am not familiar with the Maker Safariland so something for me to research further at a later date ,this year i have focused more on steel helmets for the collection but this compo was a welcome addition for sure
    Here is that quality cover in more detail and it's not one of those cheap looking airsoft M88 covers ,construction looks the same as the covers Armasure are presently marketing but can only think this choc chip camo scheme pattern was perhaps discontinued
    Be great to know exactly when these were compos were first manufactured ,it's just a pity the label was missing on this one Armasure ballistic helmetArmasure ballistic helmet
    Regards James