Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet

Article about: Ok so it hasn't been called the Mk8....yet.... I saw a few at Bovington last weekend and was surprised to see two different shaped mandible guards (that's the jaw bit!) fitted...one was angu

I bow to your superior counting skills :-)

it just SEEMS they're everywhere....and there won't be any left for those discount bins at W&P in 8 years time...just think of all those labels we won't have to check....ALL "Revision"....ALL the same (except of course for the rare smooth/curved Mandible protector instead of the angled versions in use now....oh how we'll post about THAT variation for many a month :-) )

They are being issued even to Army cadets from what I have seen so must be a lot out there

It Makes sense that the Cadets should have a army issue helmet rather than a non ballistic ,Personally i will wait untill a been there example comes along but i have noticed at least one showing issued use that has filtered through onto the market ,maybe the box fresh ones will become rarer to find perhaps in time

Seen a few used examples for sale already and prices tumbling
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

One just ended on ebay for £102 + p&p
    Regards,

Jerry

Now that is surprising Jerry ,Didn't realise you can bag them for just over a Ton

That's why I stopped doing the much praised and much liked thread on Market pricing (not!).....it was taking me more time to re-type as the market price collapsed!

Quote by James C View Post
    Now that is surprising Jerry ,Didn't realise you can bag them for just over a Ton
    And it was a used example....I was the underbidder.....doh!
    Regards,

Jerry

...be interesting to see if/when one of us secures one via the likes of Ebay whether the "plod" / MPs stories are true.....I suspect that now there's a veritable Tsunami of them for sale they can't keep up....even it they WERE doing it in the first place....

The problem or the good thing isthat peuces will continue to fall, why buy one now for £150 when in a year or few they will £50, and less until they bottom out and start to rise again in twenty years...obviously there us an optimum time/price to buy
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast