Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet

Article about: Ok so it hasn't been called the Mk8....yet.... I saw a few at Bovington last weekend and was surprised to see two different shaped mandible guards (that's the jaw bit!) fitted...one was angu

Default Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet

Ok so it hasn't been called the Mk8....yet....

I saw a few at Bovington last weekend and was surprised to see two different shaped mandible guards (that's the jaw bit!) fitted...one was angular with sharp edges whilst the other was curved with no edges...I have no pics and don't have one myself yet. But they were defo different...when I asked the nice young man clad in MTP he reckoned one was a prototype........so no ones got one yet and there's already two to get......AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

There's a Cobra P2 going on Ebay Germany at the moment (Revison Batlskin Cobra P2 Helmsystem, KSK Helm, Gefechtshelm, Kevlar Helmet, ACH) - looks like what you describe as 'curved' mandible. A mere 999 euro, which is actually cheaper than the factory selling price, although the mind boggles at a helmet that costs over a thousand pounds new. Seller will take offers though. Go ahead, I won't be standing in your way.

Thank you Greg....that's actually a lot more than they APPEAR to have gone for on EBay in the U.K.....but that assumes someone who isn't "plod" has been buying them. The way I look at it is in 4 years time they'all be at least a fourth of the price whilst a good'n'rare Brit Home Fronter will be 4 times as expensive!

Interestingly more of the vehicles in Bovi were green this year and no longer sand yellow.....whilst I suspect it's too late for a green Mk7 I wonder if the Army will continue to rely on camo covers to mask the base colour of the Virtus or whether they'll soon be moulded in "Estonia Green"

...'didn't see any at War and Peace although our friends in blue seemed to be in abundance there but I'm told they were at Ciney for 1,000-1,200 Euros. But that's still pricey and I'm assuming that buying and selling is illegal....so they'll have to wait for that Bargain Box moment at W&P in 10 years time. Oh well.....

I showed this one a while ago when it was issued but here it is again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet   Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet  

Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet  

Here is one on e bay if anyone is interested , listed as Mk7 helmet British Army Mark Mk 7 Helmet including Cover and Scrim. Size XL | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Brit Virtus / Cobra / "Mk8" helmet 

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Does this mean Mk7's will drop even further in price?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

.....so there’s a veritable tsunami of Virtus (Virti?) on EBay ........have the British Army got any Helmets left at all?

Seriously, I can’t recall boxed / packaged Mk7s and certainly not Mk6As flooding the market so soon after issue (albeit 3 years ago).....and I know this is becoming predictable, but there’s STILL more Virtus than 6As!

Quote by Composite View Post
    .Seriously, I can’t recall boxed / packaged Mk7s and certainly not Mk6As flooding the market so soon after issue (albeit 3 years ago).....and I know this is becoming predictable, but there’s STILL more Virtus than 6As!
    Do you mean there are more Virtus actually in existence than there are 6A (probably true), or more on Ebay? If the latter I would contend it, as on a quick search I stopped counting Mk6a at 14 (checking only for those actually labelled 6A or 6 alpha) and 6 Virtus. I don't see the 6A as being rare at all, or even uncommon. I always suggest to the people who claim they can't find one that they should actually look at the photos - a lot of sellers don't make the distinction between 6 and 6A.

Mind you I do find the appearance of so many Virtus slightly alarming (I definately would if I was a QM). It hasn't even been in general issue that long, has it? I don't know - tell me!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast