Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps

Article about: Hi all. I was really pleased to add this to my collection. I have been after one for a while and as far as I can tell this is a correct early lightweight para helmet complete with vinyl chin

Default British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps

Hi all. I was really pleased to add this to my collection. I have been after one for a while and as far as I can tell this is a correct early lightweight para helmet complete with vinyl chinstraps (note I don't say M76 in case I get shouted at ). This example has just the right amount of wear I think. Any comments are appreciated. Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps   British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps  

British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps   British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps  

British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps   British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps  

British Lightweight Para Helmet With Vinyl Chinstraps  

well done....and a "whitey" too......

I saw two Vinyl strappers for sale at W&P last week.......but no longer under a tenner! :-)

There's some interesting threads on this helmet - it's shame they can't all be smashed together.

I was having a read through the threads before I completed the deal to make sure it was correct. Then I realised that is was those same threads that started me hankering after one of these in the first place. Consequently, I don't know if I paid too much by W&P standards but I was happy with it in any case.

if you're happy with what you've got...you got it at the right price :-)

...altho, I paid £7 for one of mine......300 years ago tho!

I also have been after one for my collection, no joy yet.

These days if you can get one for less than £200 you have done well, I have seen them listed for up to £400.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I also have been after one for my collection, no joy yet.

These days if you can get one for less than £200 you have done well, I have seen them listed for up to £400.
    Well Jerry it seems they are out there, but like you say I wouldn't want to pay over £200 myself. Mine certainly wasn't £7.00

Is it just me, or do the foam ear covers always break off on these?

Quote by abeFroman View Post
    Is it just me, or do the foam ear covers always break off on these?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean the cork (brown) sections then they are meant to be removable, to allow space for personal radio headphones. Though from my own experience as a collector with maybe twenty-odd of these the majority still have the segments in place. Maybe more recently issued and used examples have had them snapped out for good practical reasons.

Thanks. I have 2 and they both still have the cork, but at least one has broken due to the chin strap attachment pressing against it.

Any idea what the velcro on the back of the chin strap is for?

Hi there Abefroman i always assumed that section of velcro was for securing the loose chinstrap end from flapping about during a descent ,mine attaches well into the black liner material and there seems to be no other alternative for it to fix to as far as i can tell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast