Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

British Mk6 alpha

Article about: Hello everyone, is a bit of time who are looking for a good Mk6 A, I just found this interesting example that I want to share with you. But the thing that left me a little amazed is the date

Default British Mk6 alpha

Hello everyone,
    is a bit of time who are looking for a good Mk6 A, I just found this interesting example that I want to share with you.
    But the thing that left me a little amazed is the date printed on the inside label, on it reads "year 2013"; I thought at that time it had already been replaced by Mk7 pattern, the examples I have seen until today are generally dated between 2006 and 2010.
    So the question is: as long as this model was produced, and until it has been used by British Army?
    I thank you in advance for any help.

Regards
    Roberto

British Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alphaBritish Mk6 alpha

Very very nice example......

Quote by Composite View Post
    Very very nice example......
    Many Thanks Ade!

Roberto

Still in use now at some training Regts

Quote by kradman View Post
    Still in use now at some training Regts

Thanks for this information kradman,
    I had thought of this possibility, but I was not sure.

Nice Example and as always well photographed Roberto ,i believe these as you correctly stated were introduced in 2006 and with the cover fitted very hard to distinguish externally between the earlier MK6

Thank you for confirming this James,
    for me is a strange thing, the production made in the year 2013; perhaps this is a limited production made occasionally for specific uses, and as suggested "kradman" eg for the training units, this would justify the hand compiled neutral label with the year, all labels that I've seen on Mk6 -Mk6A and MK7 have the production year pre printed on it.

Roberto

There must be enough Mk6 and 6As amongst us to test the handwritten label theory????...just a thought........

Quote by Composite View Post
    There must be enough Mk6 and 6As amongst us to test the handwritten label theory????...just a thought........
    Good idea!
    In fact, I told my little experience, of course in my area this helmets are not very common, but many of you have had the opportunity to observe many more examples to see if this theory can make sense.

So, are we suggesting that everyone looks at their Mk6 and Mk6a labels for handwritten dates?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast