Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

Thanks James,
    it will be interesting for me to compare these informations with those reported on the cover's labels of GS MK6 examples in my collection.
    Well done!

Merry Christmas!

Roberto

Thank you Roberto and please add your covers to this thread if you like ,it can be a learning curve for all ,best wishes to you too and hope to see more from your collection in 2017
    Regards James

Gladly James! if I can give my little contribution.
    Meanwhile, I add these photos I ready, where I put in comparing a normal Mk6 MTP cover, still packed, with two examples of Mk7 MTP: the first example even if the name is changed is still actually old model, while the second example is the new pattern born to helmets MK7 with two foliage bands.
    I hope it is interesting and later I add other examples of Mk6 cover, I have to remove them by helmets.

See you soon
    Roberto

MTP Cover Mk6
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

MTP Cover Mk7 (old Mk6 style)
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

MTP Cover Mk7 (new pattern two foliage band)
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Here are two other examples of Mk6 older cover, they are: an example DPM Woodland found on a helmet dated 1989/90 (on the left) and an example DPM Temperate found on a helmet dated 1989/90 (on the right).

Regards
    Roberto

DPM Woodland example details
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

DPM Temperate example details
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Great examples Roberto and thanks for showing here ,i always prefer used issued covers over bag fresh if i can help it and nice mk6 pairing too

Hi all haven't really much to add here..as I only have a handful of MK6 covers... but seeing as you mentioned liking the used look James!! and because I got it for nothing!!!!!..it was in the bargain box at a militaria fair and I already had a few items... so when I picked up this sorry example..the seller said you can have that one!!!! it looks to have been cut from a used helmet to (make it look better for sale!!!!!) but personally I would have been more interested in the helmet if it still wore its battle used cover!!!
    anyway it retains only the small rear section of the banding with the squaddies Number and blood group it has IR squares and one glint tape square.. it has the remainder of brown scrim over the cover..(and the gaps in-between the gaps in the scrim have been penned in leaving a pleasant chequered pattern!! then the whole thing has been sniper-taped to the shell!!) common practice for this period!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Nice Ddpm cover Paul and really does have a been there look to it ,I like it What are your thoughts on the helmet it was once part of ,MK6 or british para ? I would say the latter
    Thank you for contributing to the thread
    P.s those IR tabs are so hard to find on the surplus market ,perhaps for good reason

To continue this good work, I add this label recovered by Mk6 cover of para helmet that I posted yesterday.

Regards
    Roberto

Thanks Roberto for showing a different maker ,very interesting to see it fits small medium and large helmets ,i wonder if this is a common thing to find on the Remploy labels

Good evening James,
    in fact it seemed to me a strange thing, but for me the knowledge of these helmets and their covers is a pretty recent and therefore are not able to give a definite answer.
    However I have seen that some of your examples are covers that are declared for the three sizes, I did not think they could be adapted from small to large.

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 12-28-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: correct word

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast