Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

Quote by Composite View Post
    I have thought about that...and I've looked at PECOC pics for a match....if they ARE I've got a couple on nice hosts for them....... ;-)

The metal eyelets are the mystery for me....why bother with eyelets when there's no labels / other niceties????
    That is true Composite and thanks to you have seen them first hand as far as the 3 colour/4 colour dpm it was exported to a few middle east countries/nations but have never seen a mk 6 style cover in use only the us nam mitchell cover worn in the autumn side which back up my theory as a PECOC program cover

Composite I've had a rethink on the PECOC theory Qatari military perhaps British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

'interesting.....I'll try to find out when Qatar started using it as, it's claimed, mine was in a collection for some time. I WANT it to be PECOC.....but don't reckon it is/will be.......

is that a Mk6 ?....'unusual chin cup?????

It certainly looks to be a Mk6 style cover just not sure if the ear sections are there though ,the chin cup section reminds me of my trials Mk6British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

My first and only Mk6 helmet cover, most sellers don't ship to the US, this one is nice and salty, just the way I like them.

I like them salty too ,nice example amd thanks for sharing CCPI

?

The black elastic strap would be for NBC , So when you have a respirator on it is quicker to pull this strap over, so it is another form of a chinstrap. Cheers Terry. Sorry Composite the message has popped up here...

Cheers for dropping By Terry and for commenting this cover and para helmet are still one of the favorites in my collection Just to share also are these netted Mk6 and MK 6 A covers both in Dpm British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Hi all!!
    I picked up a nice salty, smooth finish MK 6 dated 1987.. and this cover was on it... its DC2CESL/3129 contract number but it bears no makers marks?? however it has two supplementary white labels... the first bearing PO:01681, and the second C26... so Judging by Marks previously posted "made in China" MTP example with the same PO: and C26 code ....my cover is also made in china!!!??

I include here another Mk6 MTP just for the "made in china" label "WTF"?

Attachment 1045600Attachment 1045601

Regards

Mark[/QUOTE]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast