Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

It really is no wind up gents. The MoD do source kit from Chinese factories/contractors. The right wing press had a field day when it first became known!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I've seen loads of MTP stuff (official) from China...but I can't recall seeing any DPM...or have I misunderstood you?

Quote by Composite View Post
    I've seen loads of MTP stuff (official) from China...but I can't recall seeing any DPM...or have I misunderstood you?
    To be honest I can't recall it either but if I recall correctly DPM was still in 1st line use when the Chinese contracts were placed so I can't see why not.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

When the manufacturers name disappeared from the labels is the time when the Chinese stepped in, typical of this country to stab perfectly good contractors in the back.
    Interestingly though the Dutch military are using British firms, i have a pair of Dutch DPM trousers made by Compton Webb!...

Nice Mk 6 Example Paul i must really add an earlier smooth shell back into the collection ,The one i had now resides in a private collection in Canada

I picked another Mk6 DPM cover recently but will not be able to show the label as it came with this contraption British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Nice Mk 6 Example Paul i must really add an earlier smooth shell back into the collection ,The one i had now resides in a private collection in Canada
    Yes and thank you James it was one I needed to fill a gap on my shelf as it were and it displays rather nicely I might add..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Hi Mark Really nice to be reacquainted with the old girl once again and see how she is doing across the pond

?

Thank you James I have recently acquired a M6 A a few months back as well which brought me a helmet closer to having full representation of composite helmets systems employed by the UK but I am afraid I have away's to go yet I would like to add a Mk 7 soon but waiting for the right example that shows wear indicative to a field used example with just the right amount of wear to make it interesting...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Cracking example Mk6 alpha Mark It has just the right amount of issued wear and thank you for sharing
    Cheers James

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast