Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

Article about: Guys, First of all, thank you for deciding to read this thread....I was gonna throw in an "SS" or "FJ" into the Thread name but thought better of it.... I'm starting this

Hi guys, thanks again for posting lots of stuff on some rarely-researched helmets, the Mk7 includuded. I managed to lay my heads on a near-mint Mk7 this afternoon. I can't believe that they have become so cheap all of a sudden. Got mine for only £40 and £13 postage, which is an awesome steal for such a fantastic helmet. Although is in near-mint condition, it has the surname WHITE scribbled inside, but on the whole the helmet is in impeccable condition. There are not even any scratches on the paint.

Anyway, I might not be adding anything new. However I've noticed differences on the information printed on the label of my Mk7. First of all, the label is glued behind the rear neck pad and it is nearly impossible to photograph it clearly without removing the back liner screw. I'm still too in love with the helmet to dissect it so I only scribbled down the info on the label.

First of all the designation is different from the ones mentioned above. It just states HELMET CA MK7. I presume that the CA stands for Combat Assault, as I've seen it on other labels on the web. The NATO stock number is 8470-99-213-3600 and the serial and batch numbers are written in blue pen. The curious part is here. There is a contract number: SSP/00092. The YEAR of manufacture is left empty but there is another field called SERVICE YEAR which has 2011 written in pen. I have managed to find a official (but redacted) version of the above Ministry of Defence contract, SSP/00092 given to NP Aerospace Ltd, which shows that the company won a tender to service existing Mk6/6A/7 helmets with a specific range of stock numbers. It could be that the SERVICE YEAR field on the label was issued not to the first Mk7 helmet specimens but to re-serviced ones. I am posting a couple of photos, but I still have to take the usual photo-shoot style ones for my page.

These are the photos. I'll be attaching better ones this coming weekend.

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

I’m being lazy....but can you remember the year of that NP refurbishment contract? A contract to refurb all three models is interesting....

Can I attach a pdf file or a word document here? I've got a copy.

Default Link to the NP Aerospace Contract SP Contract

I am sharing to link from the official government website. The contract is dated 23rd July 2014 and covers Mk6/6a/7 helmet. I'll be sending the link. The file can be downloaded from the link.

Contracts Finder Archive

I will PM you my email address

UPDATE...link added.

Thanks

As you suggest 5.2 A 4 suggests that “Service Year” is the refurbishment date.

‘Really interesting stuff.....

?

A rather interesting British GS (General Service) Mark 7 I just added to to the hoard this particular helmet bares a 2011 dated contract label..
    It has been nicely overpainted and camoed over with tan paint by spraying through a section of netting..
    It is as well sporting a Surefire HL1-C-TN side mount helmet light and has been nicely outfitted with a 6 piece comfort pad kit which I had never seen before...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

Interesting development posted under “Mk7 EOD Helmet”......Mk7 with a visor

'anyone got a Mk7 (not a "black" variant) dated outside 2009 - 2012....by label please?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast