Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundesheer M-92

Article about: The Austrian ( Bundesheer ) M-92 was 1'st fielded in 1992 this particular example was produced by Induyco SA München whom partnered with Schuberth and Gallet in helmet production and was us

?

Default Bundesheer M-92

The Austrian ( Bundesheer ) M-92 was 1'st fielded in 1992 this particular example was produced by Induyco SA München whom partnered with Schuberth and Gallet in helmet production and was used by the Austrian Army ( Bundesheer ) and is dated to 2001 the M-92 is based on the MARTE helmet of the Spanish Army..
    They consist of 29 layers of Aramid fibre's ( Aramid fibres are a class of heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibres that are used in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic-rated body armour fabric and ballistic composites, in marine cordage, marine hull reinforcement, and as an asbestos substitute The name is a blend of "aromatic polyamide".)
    It is sporting a liner as manufactured by Mine Safety Appliance ( MSA ) and finished off with a nice well worn 2000 dated cover as produced by Blanschke.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesheer M-92   Bundesheer M-92  

Bundesheer M-92   Bundesheer M-92  

Bundesheer M-92  

MAP
    ?

Nice looking example Mark!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great looking example of interesting and hard to find helmet!

What makes you think the M92 is based on the Marte series? As far as I can see - and I have several examples of both - there is no resemblance at all. The shell of the M92 looks, if anything, like the French Gallet F2.

?

Don't know what to tell you Greg I thought it a little odd myself but that is what I found when researching this helmet..
    I will check my referance material tonight after work and get back to you ..Perhaps I misinterpreted the material I was reading...

Regards Mark

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    What makes you think the M92 is based on the Marte series? As far as I can see - and I have several examples of both - there is no resemblance at all. The shell of the M92 looks, if anything, like the French Gallet F2.
    Greg the information in regards to the M92 was pulled from Wikipedia not the most reliable source I am afraid but I was having a hard time researching this particular helmet and had to pull material from multiple sources..
    Gefechtshelm M92 - Wikipedia

Regards Mark

OK Mark, that explains it! I'm not a fan of most of the helmet-related articles on Wikipedia and would be quite sceptical of them in general. The piece you refer to is quite wrong in several important points. What you have picked up is that Induyco used essentially the same process of manufacture, not the same design. The Marte series looks nothing like the 826 (which is what the Wikipedia piece seems to be referring to, rather than the Bundesheer 92) and the 92 stongly resembles both the Induyco/Schuberth 826 and the French Gallet F2.

If you do a bit of compare and contrast on the relevant pages of CompoSite

Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets FRANCE, FRENCH, SPECTRA helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index
    Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets AUSTRIA, Austrian helmet, Kevlar helmet
    Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets GERMANY, GERMAN 826 828 helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index
    Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets SPAIN, SPANISH helmet, Kevlar helmet

you should get a better idea of the appearance of these helmets. I would concede that the Marte 4 does have *some* resemblance to the other three - enough to confuse a man on a galloping horse - but that's about it. See also AUSTRIACO Mº 93 TC3

And before anyone says it, I concede I am too easily intimidated by the Wikipedia process, otherwise I *would* contribute and sometimes correct, on a number of topics, not just helmets, where I *know* the information is wrong or misleading. I am not perfect, amazingly. Too old and tired, perhaps.

?

Thanx Greg Wikipedia is not my 1st choice for any type of research either much like you I find it ridden with false information and or misleading statements but I was having an issue finding any technical, production / manufacturing information on said helmet I should have double checked it through another source ..
    And perhaps chosen my words more carefully when writing this post ..

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast