Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions

Article about: I do know there are not a lot of these kicking around in private collections yet and there does seem to be a fair bit of interest in regards to the new Vitrus/Cobra Batlskin helmet system as

?

Default Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions

I do know there are not a lot of these kicking around in private collections yet and there does seem to be a fair bit of interest in regards to the new Vitrus/Cobra Batlskin helmet system as produced by Revision so I thought I might share my example here that I recently acquired as part of a trade ...
    This particular helmet was produced on 20/1/16 and is in a large size and in slightly used condition upon handling this example a few things come to ones immediate attention...
    1st most is that they are very light weight and would appear to be very well made.
    2nd is the new dial in quick adjustment liner system as can be seen in the images the adjuster can be found at the back of the helmet body I have heard early reports back from serving paras that they are not to keen on this particular facet of the new design and could make for an uncomfortable reverse landing if one happens to hit there head it will be interesting to see how they stand up to the riggers of service in the field..
    The NVG/goggle attachment as found on the front of the helmet body seems to be sturdy enough in design but the clip in cover IMO will likely be problematic as it can be removed far to easy with just gentle pressure from ones fingers and I think there is a good possibility this will be a heavily replaced item...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions   Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions  

Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions   Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions  

Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions   Cobra Batlskins Helmet System by Revisions  

Last edited by Mark K; 10-22-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Oh well, thats the original owner identified......he's probably on a charge by now.......

very cool lid IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Really Nice to see close up details of this current helmet Mark ,Nice hidden camo mesh crown pad too ,What a great way by trading to bag one of these ,Well done and thanks for sharing and i hope this example is open to further discussion sometime soon as you have me craving for more info now ,Kind regards James
    Last edited by James C; 11-01-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: duplicate posting

Any chance of some pictures without that cloth thing on it?

?

Many thanx Jerry and James I am pretty chuffed as you Brits would say and as to removing the cover Greg I am going to do a re-shoot of pictures this weekend with a neutral colored drop cloth behind the helmet and I will see about removing the cover ..

Regards Mark

get a spanner and a screwdriver ready....you're gonna need them to get the cover off! and take lots of "before" pics so you can work out what goes where afterwards! :-)

I think i can honestly say in knowing Greg for some years now that those coverings just obscure the bare bones of the helmet but i personally am in favour of all things camo ,each to there own but must admit secretly really looking forward to seeing what lies beneath

Having sneeked a peek at Bovi in the summer it's textured (thinly) and not Mk7 yellow...although it still ain't green........yet. But to get the cover off one has to undo the Velcro-backed inner tabs (easy) AND remove all the bolts, the liner, the NVG/goggle bracket (hard!).......I prefer a bit of cloth.....

Quote by Composite View Post
    Oh well, thats the original owner identified......he's probably on a charge by now.......
    Well the Blue/red/blue "household division" TRF suggests Household Cavalry Regiment (Lifeguards and Blues & Royals) so I doubt it, maybe extra shovel duty in the stables

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast