Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"

Article about: I recently revisited a list we created on Gregs old Yahoo forum...this was a list of all the things which are / can be attached to the modern combat helmet ranging from patches to cameras. I

I think so too.

Well, this IS going well isn't it?

'ever get to that point when you ASK yourself something like "why am I bothering?"...and then TELL yourself something like "s*d 'em, I'm gonna keep going if only to occasionally, OCCASIONALLY make sure that the "New Posts" lists isn't always full of "Telefunkenpanzer mit Käse essen stahlhelmfliegermous und Tintenfisch Award (erste Klasse)".........

...so, how about Visors on Compos from around the world?......'got any?

Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"

Demining lid by Global Armor, Russian Kolpak, Lituaniun BK3, Israel Orlite, W. German Motor Cyclist (I think!), Brit Mk6A de-mining, Brit Thetford NI (NOT, DEFO not a M76!!!)

Quote by Composite View Post
    Well, this IS going well isn't it?

'ever get to that point when you ASK yourself something like "why am I bothering?"...and then TELL yourself something like "s*d 'em, I'm gonna keep going if only to occasionally, OCCASIONALLY make sure that the "New Posts" lists isn't always full of "Telefunkenpanzer mit Käse essen stahlhelmfliegermous und Tintenfisch Award (erste Klasse)".........
    Hello Mr Ad***n,

You carry on posting minority interest stuff to justify your presence on the forum... just like many of us do. Take East German NVA items for example, more often than not you are lucky to get more than two replies. Even WW1 items do not appear with the regularity they used to. Lets face it... if items of militaria in your collection have no connection with the second largest most murderous regime of the 20th century - Uncle Joe Stalin's being by far the worst, then they are of no interest to the majority of members on the forum. It should actually be renamed Nazi German War Relics Forum... This isn't a moan, but an acceptance of how it will always be.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

very interesting the parachute helmet with the visor. Who uses that helmet? If it ain’t the riot control paratroopers

It was actually made for use in the NI “troubles”.........it has the green vinyl straps usually associated with the helmet Lightweight Parachute.....but it’s a different Helmet really

...and technically I think Moa outdid Stalin.....but percentage-wise, Brother No1 wins I believe.....

?

I have just been informed the helmet I asked about was used by my dad in NI.

Maybe I can get him one as a Christmas present!

we didn't have those helmets when I was in NI on my first tour... we were issued with the 'Turtle' pattern fitted with the Perspex visor. They were bl**dy useless, when you legged after the rioters they would bounce about all over the place... and in the end we never bothered with them.

this one is plastic and has a snap on, so I guess it doesn't count?

I'm not in to the very modern type of helmet myself, although we DO need collectors for this kind of stuff if examples are to be preserved for future generations.

That’s interesting H......I guess that leaves the question who DID have “NI Helmet”...or was it just a timing issue......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast