Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"

Article about: A number of LBA-made pre-production/pre-sales Compos - They are labelled as the “Chelton” tank crew helmet and a “Combat LD” model....very similar shapes. I’ve not seen these in us

Default LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"

A number of LBA-made pre-production/pre-sales Compos - They are labelled as the “Chelton” tank crew helmet and a “Combat LD” model....very similar shapes. I’ve not seen these in use anywhere (yet) and LBA Helmets, like a lot of other Compos, come and go. No liners, three hole harness fittings in some, one has a Velcro receiving strip inside presumably for a liner module....one’s been shot-tested and 2 others aren’t finished (the black pen writing is theirs, not mine!). A nice demonstration of pre-sales Compo life. I’d like to know more if it’s out there pls.

LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"

I've recently joined Facebook and I now understand why I get so few replies to my posts here. It's nothing to do with the Mk2 / Composite-centric nature of my Threads - it's all to do with the sentence structure and complex vocabulary I choose to utilise..indeed I suspect most FB users have already stopped reading this sentence...but either way, I've decided that I cannot sit Canute-esque (also "Cnut") and try to stop the advance of Facebookism across the Social Media-hungry millions....so I'll now include within some of my posts a translation to ensure that they are acceptable to ALL peoples everywhere. The following is my first translation:-

"got thees plastik helmets dont no wot there are but there kule how mcuh are tey wurf "

LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"

Facebook Lives Matter!....seriously...it's really quite good.....can anyone tell me what a seflie is? :-)

Hey LBA is that ww2 german airforce thingy mark right!!!

I saw those LBA/Chelton on Ebay but couldn't summon the will to spend the money (they failed the 'how much joy will this bring me' test when opposed to a handful of Lee Morgan and Hank Mobley cds). They *are* interesting; I did the uusal research and found nothing worth mentioning. The only point I'd make is that they're all dated ten or more years back; is a this a failed project by LBA? By the way, I also failed to find any current web-presence for LBA. What have I missed, or are they gone too?

Re FB, A few years back I got a bit excited by the proliferation of helmet-related pages and joined several, but was in the end disappointed and left almost all. Too much seemed to be less about information than 'look what I just bought for a large amount of money' (or alternatively, 'look at the thing I got from my secret contacts that I'm not telling *you* about'). That was tedious enough (althoiugh to be fair some people are obviously proper researchers/collectors with all the right instincts (Philip Cachia, Ian Young, for example) - see also the current Para helmets group, some good people there) but the general illiteracy you allude to is wearing. There seems a distinct fear of punctuation - though I wonder whether that is because too many people try to communicate via phone keyboards with all the attendant problems.

Thanks Greg. I think LBA (Helmets at least) might’ve come and gone. I’m pleased with the examples I got especially in their production-thru-the-ages style.

Re Facebook...seriously I’ve been pleasantly surprised AND kissed more frogs than I knew there were. I now understand the almost total lack of punctuation and pleasantries.....I don’t like it but we are where we are....or

“Cheers m8 glad you licked them lids”

I've now acquired a used example of an LBA Vehicle Crew helmet (along with wires'n'stuff).....it's pretty much the same as the "Chelton" one above....but earlier...and check out the Serial No. on the label.

LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"LBA "Chelton" & "Combat LD"