MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984

Article about: It’s an early 1984 model made by PERMALI GLOS LTD. I have never seen a Mk6 by this maker before but I have seen this maker on British M76 Para helmets. Was this a trials example? The cover i

Default Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984

It’s an early 1984 model made by PERMALI GLOS LTD. I have never seen a Mk6 by this maker before but I have seen this maker on British M76 Para helmets. Was this a trials example? The cover is made by Cookson & Clegg Ltd. CT4B/1175 and interestingly has only two elasticated bands. The helmet label is marked with the name Matthews and the helmet cover marked Lt Col Matthews. The seller states this officer had something to do with the Gurkha Regiment but my searches have got me no where.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984   Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984  

Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984   Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984  

Very nice early shiny mk6 & two band cover
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Your Liners in better nick than mine, although its complete with issue cover made by supercraft and the helmets dated 85-86, pretty cool early helmets

Quote by combathelmets247 View Post
    Your Liners in better nick than mine, although its complete with issue cover made by supercraft and the helmets dated 85-86, pretty cool early helmets
    Thanks and I’m glad to see a fellow scouser on here

I'm a new scouser haha, My Mrs is a scouser and Insisted On our Daughter being born in the Liverpool woman's last yr. i'll be moving there permanently later this yr to join them both.

I'm running these pics here again, they're from an older thread, but as we have another Mk6 fan in the room we might get a bit more info out. I have two Mk6, dated 1984 and 1985, labelled as from ROF GLASCOED and R.O.A.D GLASCOED respectively. Both have crown mouldings that echo that. I know of at least one other Royal Ordnance Factory/Depot that is cited on a Mk6 label but can't find the image right now and I don;t have the helmet. Does anyone know anything more about these? I'm guessing they were limited test production runs, or something similar.

Take a look here for more pics - British Mk6 helmet

Also, are we anywhere near a complete list of known Mk6 makers? THETFORD, NATIONAL PLASTICS, NEI TEXOLEX, RBR, TRITON OLIVER - certainly more known but that's all I can recall on the fly.

Thats a very 1st for me Greg, I'll wing over the pics of my permali to you but the cover isnt as sexy as this one ha..

My Permali in Outsize dated 85-86
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984   Mk6 helmet Permali Glos 1984  

Your label is different to my one and I didn’t know that they made Mk6s up to 1986 ����