MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

my new project, turning a CVC kevlar tanker helmet into a ops core type helmet

Article about: So far got most of the stuff I need from striping a ACH Mich helmet I won dirt cheap, below is the helmet I am turning into a ops core clone, I post pictures of the finish helmet Annoyed fro

Default my new project, tanker helmet into ops core helmet (updated)

So far got most of the stuff I need from striping a ACH Mich helmet I won dirt cheap, below is the helmet I am turning into a ops core clone, I post pictures of the finish helmet

Ok painting is complete, first time doing this so lmk how I did, now all that's left is putting on the pads,side rails, nvg mount and 4 point harness also Velcro on the sides and back

Ok somewhat finished, just need to order correct side rails, one on it now are made for a ach mich helmet and don't fit quite right and need to add the Velcro to the sides and back to add patches, so how did I do for my first attemp at making a ops core helmet

Last edited by chevyfan2k9; 11-11-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Updated, looks better than the pictures

great work mate i have to admit this is a helmet im not familiar with or this conversion ,is it a common thing to do to these and was it a practice the us military would do,sorry for the daft questions as im a bit out of touch with these really modern lids ,either way youve done a grand job
    regards james
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    great work mate i have to admit this is a helmet im not familiar with or this conversion ,is it a common thing to do to these and was it a practice the us military would do,sorry for the daft questions as im a bit out of touch with these really modern lids ,either way youve done a grand job
    regards james
    Thanks James, it's basically a ops core gun fighter helmet clone a real deal one will run you anywhere from $500 usd and up, it's the same helmet but not used on wartime,if you havnt seen the finish helmet check out my other post they are very simple to make and look good on display

Jack

thanks for the extra info jack i understand better now after you explaining ,well its one neat conversion and very convincing plus a huge saving on your wallet cheers james
    Regards James

?

Very well done, this is a really effective conversion on a budget, your a man after my own heart