Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

Article about: Hi, mates, Bought this helmet the day before. The offer showed several pictures of the helmet but, unfortunately, not one of the pictures showed the damage to the helmet. ... On the top of t

Default Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

Hi, mates,

Bought this helmet the day before.
    The offer showed several pictures of the helmet but, unfortunately, not one of the pictures showed the damage to the helmet. ...
    On the top of the helmet the grout, the coating, has chipped off in an area of 2x4cm, I´ve got a little ripped off...

In any case, one of the pictures of the helmet, which I made myself after buying it, shows how thin and fragile the coating of the helmet shell actually is!

The manufacturer of this PASGT is GENTEX / GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES
    The helmet is marked in the dome with the manufacturer GENTEX.
    However, an ink stamp on the edge of the helmet points to the (one, who) manufacturer of this helmet, GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES! ...

Did the two manufacturers of the "K-Pot" (also, "in co-production"? ) make the "Fritz"?????

All in all, I think it's still a nice helmet.

Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

The scabbing of the surface finish isn't very unusual, I've certainly seen it on British Mk6 helmets, and I would guess it would happen to others, depending on how the finish is applied. Remember too that composites have a definate shelf-life, varying according to materials and manufacturer, beyond which their qualities are not guaranteed. Not that a bit of flaking finish would be a massive failure...

I'm a little confused by your use of 'K-pot' and 'Fritz' as being two separate things. I have understood they are both nicknames for the basic 1980s-introduced PASGT.

According to information in Reynosa's PASGT Gibraltar was a smaller player, making only approximately 200,000 helmets in the early 1980s, and it would seem that they had some difficulties in completing the contracts, and required substantial assistance from Gentex (who had been in the game from the beginning) which included, if I am reading it right, actual tooling and use of their own production lines. So It's possible - if I am reading it right - that some or all of your helmet might have been actually made by Gentex or at least using Gentex moulds but badged as Gibraltar for contractual reasons. Gibraltar was not involved with the PASGT after 1983.

Please note - I am not a PASGT collector, and all I know I get from Reynosa's and Armold's books

I have another GENTEX / GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES in size L-2 here.

This is a towed copy which is labeled in the (sweaty) sweatband with the name of the former wearer.
    His name: Lejeune

I'm not assuming that this is some kind of graffiti based on and, as a "reminder" of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, but, in fact, the name of the soldier who painted the helmet. and also wore the helmet himself.

The helmet is equipped with the tactical "Winter" helmet cover.

I keep buying military helmets that are so dragged along, which show that we all live in a, by no means, "peaceful" world, but in a world that is characterized by wars, terrorism, and violence (which one, every day , when switching on the PC, and when watching the world news !) ...

But, back to the helmet itself...
    Although I am only marginally concerned with "modern" combat and combat helmets, I noticed (something) about this concrete PASGET.

The helmet is marked in the dome with the manufacturer GENTEX.
    However, an ink stamp on the edge of the helmet points to the (one, who) manufacturer of this helmet, GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES! ...

I'm also a little confused by the size of the helmet.
    Is there a chart of how the PASGT is stamped in the respective size information?

Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

Pasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industriesPasgt gentex / gibraltar industries

?

Hi Reibert, wow! Helmets are flying in today! It's great!

This PASGET helmet size chart comes
    from WW helmets & could be useful to you.

8470-01-092-7525: Extra Small (X-S) 52-53 cm
    8470-01-092-7526: Small (S) 54-55 cm
    8470-01-092-7527: Medium (M) 56-57 cm
    8470-01-092-7528: Large (L) 58-61 cm
    8470-01-300-3819: Extra Large (X-L) 62 cm

Now I'll go check your paratrooper PASGET, nothing like the classics!