Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polish visor'd Moratex

Article about: 'took a flyer on this one recently. It came from Poland...tho that tells us very little in the world of helmet mobility and cross-border application. I've found Police variants (with differe

Default Polish visor'd Moratex

'took a flyer on this one recently. It came from Poland...tho that tells us very little in the world of helmet mobility and cross-border application. I've found Police variants (with different visor brackets/catches). Made by Moratex...my only other Moratex lids were Polish. The liner is effectively a thin layer of foam glued to (and now coming away from) the inner shell....and it comes with a bit of cloth printed in the same way as Pantera...that's gotta be proof of identity right?......'bung a bit of camo on it and that proves validity, nationality, value etc etc. I've taken the cover off and it's green....and smooth....and I THINK there's evidence of an early Lufty "droop tail" decal.........I was told that it was used by the equivalent of "top gunners" on their wheeled vehicles......but we're all told a lot that turns out to be rubbish right?

If there are any Polish Army top-gunners out there I'd very much value and appreciate confirmation or otherwise :-)

Polish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd Moratex

...having said all that, nowadays it could simply be worn by Postmen or Waitrose delivery drivers (other lower quality Delivery companies are available)...either way, 'nice tho innit?

oh and I lied about the decal.......

I was going to post simply "WTF?"....with no pics......'be interesting to see if I get as many replies as that would :-)

Just so it is all 100percent clear, Moratex *is* a Polish manufacturer.

Ballistic protection - Moratex

Thank you Greg......so that's the "Polish" bit ticked-off and underlined

...we just need that ex-Polish Armoured vehicle top-gunner to respond........

Very Nice Composite ,love the Wz 93 Pantera camo covering modified from a standard issue cover perhaps or specifically manufactured to fit the bill, either way an interesting find and thanks for posting up

Adding my Polish Moratex example to this thread and most likely used by security forces etc ,i doubt it has ever had a visor fitted as it still retains the threaded end caps but i will keep a look out for a surplus visor to complete this one if possible .
    I notice on the inside of the Khaki /OD cover there are rectangular reinforcements stitched around the visor mount points and these can also be seen on Adrian's example also Polish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd MoratexPolish visor'd Moratex
    Regards James

Nice...looks like you got the luxury version! Either way, that photo is well worth the wait. Thank you. Clearly that guy’s on some kind of security detail.....interesting.

Your welcome and it's always nice to throw in a reference picture into a thread if possible ,can't believe six months have past since you posted up your example but as i have now bumped the thread back into the top slot hopefully more members will contribute to the discussion .I made sure to remove the cover more so for Greg's benefit as i know he prefers to see what lies beneath those darn coverings ,looking over the shell i can see hints of the ballistic weave where the black top coat has been chipped off ,i have a feeling your exterior shell might be a green colouration if hints from the inner sections visible between the comfort padding are anything to go by plus i notice our webbing chinstrap harnesses are a different colour also
    Regards James