Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Turkish Compo

Article about: 'not sure what this ones designation is yet.....the label states it's from 2016+. I know the shell/shape has been used for a while and that there's been a number of liners. This is not the l

Default Turkish Compo

'not sure what this ones designation is yet.....the label states it's from 2016+. I know the shell/shape has been used for a while and that there's been a number of liners. This is not the latest model and I have my doubts re the cover although nothing would surprise me nowadays....but it's nice to get this oddity....'love the shape....

Turkish CompoTurkish CompoTurkish CompoTurkish CompoTurkish CompoTurkish Compo

Hello.

this should be a Turkish helmet model Savar SVR02.

There are many pictures on Google showing Turkish soldiers wearing this helmet.

Greetings

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    this should be a Turkish helmet model Savar SVR02. There are many pictures on Google showing Turkish soldiers wearing this helmet.
    Now that's very interesting. I spent quite some time trying to track this thing down a couple of days ago. The quest was not helped by the label being incomplete, and the best I could establish is that it was made in the city of AFYONKARAHISAR. I found no information on *military* helmet production there *now* although obviously it was made there at some point in the past. There is a mention of an '8th Main Maintenance Factory Directorate' translated from '8'inci Ana Bakım Fabrika Müdürlüğü' in one of the URLs below, and this *may* be a production plant operated by the Turkish Ministry of Defence.

And from a quick search it is not obvious that a company named SAVAR makes anything other than cycling helmets but even those are references to third-party retailers. Can anyone direct to a website? The only other reference I have to a SAVAR is an automotive products concern in Gaziantep.

Were you able to decode this 'SAVAR SVR02' from the label, or from other information (what? where? - other than that Wikipedia mention)

Using information from other labels in other Turkish composites I seem to have established (would be wrong...) that many of them are made by plants operated by the Turkish Government -

https://www.msb.gov.tr/ https://www.msb.gov.tr/Afgm/icerik/fabrikalar

However this may not always be the case; I have (somewhere) some brochures produced by Turkish composites makers, though they are at least ten years old and things may have changed. I don't know.

More and better information - with URLs and useful citations when possible - on all this is requested, please.

?

Hi, this Turkish seller from eBay may help. He as a few for sale.
    Plenty of good photos provided.

Turkish Compo

Turkish Army Latest helmat combat helm casco elmetto casque bulletproof Nco | eBay

Jack

In my long and bitter experience it will be a long dark night before an ebay seller actually provides some useful knowledge when requested, probably about the same time a composite manufacturer responds to a query that doesn't include "I want to buy 45000 units".

Howeever, that ebay link is kinda sorta useful and I've scavenged the pics for future reference as I guess we can reasonably believe they *are* Turkish made (or at least used) compos. Noticed how the seller avoided including any labels, even when at least partials are in place. These people do not understand collectors.

I made a resolution just over a year back to stop buying helmets (for perfectly sensible reasons) which meant no obsessive ebay checking. This does remind me that ebay can be a source for a certain amount of free information, so I ought to get back on the horse. Thanks, Jack!

?

Hi again Greg, this was the last photo in a set after many of soldiers with helmets.

Turkish Compo

Thanks for that, Jack, I have a short attention span re multiple photos of squaddies so gave up - too soon. Interesting to see that, as it is essentially a complete version of the one Adrian posted, and essentially all my remarks above apply. I'm now wanting to know what the handwritten part means - was the type of helmet the same as Adrian's, if so it is not a model indicator, which is what I initially suspected but proved a wild goose chase.

The helmet model has since received an upgrade. Brackets and side rails were installed.

Good information, Sleepwalker, thanks very much. It is always better to have references. I do wish everyone (including me sometimes) would pay heed to this, particularly when it concerns something comparatively unusual and unknown.

As I suspected SAVAR is a defunct concern - or at least changed to something else. I am now wondering whether a lot - all of? - Turkish helmet production is managaed by the Turkish state.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast