Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown helmet SEK Baden Württemberg

Article about: Referring to this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...C3%BCrttemberg Today I would like to request another helmet from a SEK ( Spezialeinsatzkommando ) from the state of Baden Wü

Question Unknown helmet SEK Baden Württemberg

Referring to this thread:
    SEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Today I would like to request another helmet from a SEK ( Spezialeinsatzkommando ) from the state of Baden Württemberg for a collector friend.

Do any of you know this helmet model?

Thanks in advance,
    Ro

Unknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden WürttembergUnknown helmet SEK Baden Württemberg

No idea. First thoughts were one of the Ulbrichts Hoplit or Zenturio models, or the P100, but it is obviously none of them.

Of course just because it looks 'new' (as in barely used) that doesn't mean it is 'new'. Could be almost anything from the last thirty years, and as I am not particularly well-informed regarding police composites.

It does have an Austrian air about it, so I am still thinking Ulbrichts.

The owner of the helmet gave me permission to use pictures of his helmet, which he emailed me, for further inquiries.

Today I received the following email from him:

Hello Roland, a former police officer and also a friend of my collector colleague just contacted me about the helmet.
    And apparently the helmet I sent you pictures of is a test helmet for a training helmet from the SEK Baden Württemberg.
    However, this did not seem to be accepted or turned out to be positive, which is why the project was very quickly rejected.
    The SEK Baden Württemberg used to use the normal white helmets of the riot police at times, which I also documented in pictures.
    But if you get any other information or can find out anything about the origin of the helmet, I thank you.
    greeting

And this is what I emailed him back today:

.... that would also have been my advice to contact the authorities or officers of the BaWü police directly in the form of an inquiry.
    I only inquired about the helmet yesterday and haven't received any information yet.

What material is the shell made of?
    Plastic or metal ?
    How heavy is your helmet?
    Is the helmet magnetic?
    When was the helmet introduced for test purposes and when was the introduction project rejected?

In terms of shape, it is at least a little reminiscent of the Bundeswehr's Freifaller-Helm (free-fall helmet).

BTW., does the friend of your collector colleague have more information about my SEK's BaWü helmets?
    Maybe also any pictures / images, on which my helmets can be seen?

Best regards,
    Ro

Greg, you gave me an idea and I emailed the owner of the helmet with another question about the helmet.

...., just answered you and asked a few questions about the helmet.
    I have one more question.

Can you find any manufacturer labels and markings/stamps in the helmet and/or on the straps?
    They can be found in the shell, in the lining of the helmet, on the straps, on the buckles of the straps, ...

Greeting,
    Ro

Hello,

yes i saw the helmet in question too. It hung around on Ebay in Germany for a while (with exactly these pictures).
    I was already wondering what kind of handicraft this is.

The helmet is neither a steel nor a composite helmet.

This is a normal older helmet (Einsatzhelm) used by the German riot police with neck protection. The visor is missing. The inner lining and the chin strap are typical and normal. These helmets are easily recognized by the three black-outlined openings on the back.
    These helmets are non-bulletproof and primarily protect against blows, stone throws, slingshots, or firecrackers.

These helmets are available ex works in white and various shades of green.

However, this helmet was overmoulded in dark green and a badge was glued on (note: you can still buy the original badges). You can still see on the inside that the spray mist has slightly discolored the inside. The helmet was only sprayed on the outside. No work from the factory.

I personally don't think much of this helmet. I also very much doubt that such helmets were used by a SEK.

Greetings