Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen?? photos!!!!!!!WARNING

Article about: Hi all Whilst merrily browsing the Helmets in the militaria section of ebay this afternoon...imagine my surprise!! ...to come across my very own M80 listed for sale!!!!(see pics..and the ori

Default WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen?? photos!!!!!!!WARNING

Hi all

Whilst merrily browsing the Helmets in the militaria section of ebay this afternoon...imagine my surprise!! ...to come across my very own M80 listed for sale!!!!(see pics..and the originals posted on my thread!!)

Well at least the photos have been pinched from my posts on this forum..or google???!!!!!

NOW...... this Helmet is still very much still in my possession!!!!!!

And i have sent a complaint to ebay......alas all automated!!! and no feed back is expected either!!!..... as per the so called "Ebay privacy" policy!!!??!!!

All very fishy if you ask me!! .....as the seller certainly does not own this helmet!!! and is offering it "buy it now" for well below the market value of one of this type in the present market!!

Im hoping (going by the sellers feedback....100%..and by previous sales of helmets..all seem to be "borrowed pics") they have a camera problem...either way the seller will be extremely disappointed with whatever they eventually may or may not even get!!!!!!

Just serves as a reminder that some items you see on ebay aren't quite as they seem!!! this is why I always as for more info/pics on my prospective purchases!!!...and if the seller is in any way evasive steer clear!!! and wait for the next one!!!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING   WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING  

WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING   WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING  

WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING   WARNING!!! Ebay Iraqi M80 listing with borrowed/stolen??  photos!!!!!!!WARNING  

Yes, its quiet alarming when you see something like this.

Does anyone know how a scam like this works? I mean dosn't ebay just claim the money back from the seller when the purchaser demands a refund? If this scam works, why arnt all the fraudsters doing it, and ebay goes out of business? Is this a common scam?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Yes, its quiet alarming when you see something like this.

Does anyone know how a scam like this works? I mean dosn't ebay just claim the money back from the seller when the purchaser demands a refund? If this scam works, why arnt all the fraudsters doing it, and ebay goes out of business? Is this a common scam?
    Had an unfortunate run-in with an eBay scammer once. Generally they stop responding after a while, then deactivate their PayPal and eBay accounts and do a runner with the money. Very often, there's nothing either company can do to recover your cash. I was lucky, fortunately.

B.B.

Well I surpose you must be right, but you think they would be 'selling' a more expensive item than £25! Also I see that this seller has been an ebay member for a long time, and this is the only thing they have for sale. It dosnt make much sense to me.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Well I surpose you must be right, but you think they would be 'selling' a more expensive item than £25!
    The scammer I dealt with tried to take me for £40!
    We're not dealing with the smartest people in the world here, if we're being honest. The fake stuff alone that pops up on eBay could only have been dreamt up by someone a few sandwiches short of a hamper.

B.B.

The scams for the smaller amounts of money are often perpetrated by minors..... often with out the account holders permission!!
    (I've had this happen several times!!.."oh im so sorry my five year old pressed buy it now by mistake!!!...and I have no need for your item nor the funds to pay for it!!....please cancel my bid"....not that easy...and a lot of faffing later......)
    often....as a means to obtain funds quickly to fund the purchase of a computer game or some such item they just must have!!!..and often multiples of items are listed..for small amounts to get the money rolling in..
    luckily if this is the case...the account holder usually sorts out the mess...along with the usual apologies..
    as I stated im hoping this will be the case here!!...

?

Wow I nearly purchased this this afternoon

But how does this ebay seller still have 100% feedback if this is a regular thing and more to the point why hasn't he been banned.ebay sometimes makes my blood boil,can't sell a ww2 gas mask filter but scamming is totally above board............

MAP
    ?

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    Wow I nearly purchased this this afternoon
    LoL...You should take the money you saved due to the forum and become a Gold Member
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've sent the seller a message and told him that eBay are on to him. Lets see what happens.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast