MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?

Article about: I've recently gotten into ballistic helms and the Yugoslavian M89 has grabbed my attention. As one of the early Kevlar helms of the 1990s, its design and US M1-style liner really have me hoo

Default The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?

I've recently gotten into ballistic helms and the Yugoslavian M89 has grabbed my attention. As one of the early Kevlar helms of the 1990s, its design and US M1-style liner really have me hooked and I'm curious as to their availability (In the United States), and general information regarding it. What do you guys know about it and how hard would it be to grab a decent quality one?

The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?
    The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?
    Last edited by LockAndKey; 05-03-2021 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added picture of helmet liner

Hi,

The helmet could be bought in balkan states, especially in Bosnia and Serbia, as it was produced in Bosnia and most were taken early in the war by Serbs. But it was used by both during the aggresion on Bosnia.

However it is bit more hard to find than the police m89 (both versions).

Tell me if you want to know more info as I have few of them in my collection.

Regards,

Second picture you posted is my very own example Lock and Key ,the composite M89 is still in use with Serbian reservists (picture from Military images .net)The Yugoslavian M89 - What's it all about?
    Regards James

And that second dude is wearing it on the wrong side...