Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results

Article about: Your cap badge appears to be for tha Northumberland Fusiliers.John

Default 2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results

Hi all,
    Spend 2 hours detecting

Finds: .303's, buttons, button stick, kit bag lock, base plug, shrapnel, coins (pennys, halfpennys and a sixepence)

Could any one tell me what the german badge is and the fusiliers badge

Many thanks,
    Happy hunting

John

Also went into my local dealers this morning and brought a war medal £10 which i thought was a good deal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results   2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results  

2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results   2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results  

Default Re: 2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results

Hi John, the "German" badge with Swastika is actually a British National War Savings Committee badge from WW1.

Cheers, Ade.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results   2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, the "German" badge with Swastika is actually a British National War Savings Committee badge from WW1.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I have never seen one of these before

Hi John, oddly enough they dropped the design for WW2 LOL!

Cheers, Ade.

Excellent haul for 2 hours John

Good old fragile 303's.........bloody things fall to bits as soon as look at 'em half the time ! Only ones I've ground dug that I could rely on to not break apart are sand dug ones. Did you manage to get a headstamp off any of them ?

The base plug may clean up well enough to get a date off it. Be interesting to see

Where were you digging by the way (not the location but the 'type') ? Old gunnery range, airfield or barracks site ?

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Excellent haul for 2 hours John

Good old fragile 303's.........bloody things fall to bits as soon as look at 'em half the time ! Only ones I've ground dug that I could rely on to not break apart are sand dug ones. Did you manage to get a headstamp off any of them ?

The base plug may clean up well enough to get a date off it. Be interesting to see

Where were you digging by the way (not the location but the 'type') ? Old gunnery range, airfield or barracks site ?

Cheers

Steve T
    Hi Steve,
    I havn't cleaned any of the .303's but there all dated 1940's

i will clean the plug off for you in a min

My guess is that it was a encampment for the troops waiting for D-Day. Its the same place i found the tommy helmet.

v nice finds

Here you go Steve sorry for the Crap picture i quite enjoy finding these because there always a different one to collect
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Hours 60+ Targets Excellent Results  

Very nice

I get totally excited when I find one for exactly the same reason ! I even have one made of brass in my collection, which is rather unusual

Steve T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast