Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 colour cammo armour piece

Article about: Well I don’t win all the online auctions I go for….. Sometimes you have to stick with your \\$ limit and if some other bidder wants it you have to watch it go. This is such an example. On the

Default 3 colour cammo armour piece

Well I don’t win all the online auctions I go for…..
    Sometimes you have to stick with your $ limit and if some other bidder wants it you have to watch it go.

This is such an example. On the back of my Junkers JU-52 relic win I had also bid on this 3 colour cammo lid off some German piece of equipment – I just liked the patina and ‘vibe’ it gave out and thought it too would be a neat addition to the wall. But it was not meant to be ……

Anyway, here are a few photos of one that ‘got away’ for discussion.

Has anyone seen this type of cammo pattern before? It is quite fine considering the overall size of the piece ( 35cm x 17cm ) I don’t doubt it’s originality but surprising to see ALL 3 colours on something this size.

Any ideas from the armour guys?

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 colour cammo armour piece   3 colour cammo armour piece  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice item but I don't think its from a Tank looks to be made from Aluminium so maybe from a horse trailer or something like that

Yes quite possibly. The main question is the pattern of the cammo~I've not seen any like it.

I would suggest it is pre war Reichwehr.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would suggest it is pre war Reichwehr.
    Ooh... now I'm intrigued Ade. What makes you say that?
    Have you come across a pattern similar?

?

The paint looks pre aged to me!

MAP
    ?

colors look similar to WW1 Camo helmets (not necessarily the pattern however) They match my M16 perfectly

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice turtle you got there Michael !!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Nice turtle you got there Michael !!!
    It'll do.... LoL! A nice chalky one versus the more common shiny ones we typically see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Dan, have a look at some pre war Reichwehr era ammo boxes. These are three collour camo'ed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast