Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount

Article about: This was found today....... For those interested in airplane armaments & related equipment I thought I would post a few pictures of the pictorially ubiquitous hand held 50 cal mount. It'

Default AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount

This was found today.......

For those interested in airplane armaments & related equipment I thought I would post a few pictures of the pictorially ubiquitous hand held 50 cal mount.

It's had a good soaking in a cleaning solution & looks much better after years of storage dirt that it was cloaked in.

Naturally it will look much more pleasing on the eye when I get around to fitting onto the 50 BMG, then it will be mounted to my '42 Willys Jeep
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount   AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount  

AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount   AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount  

AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount  

Default Re: AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount

Super piece Bird dog !

Thanks for sharing

Steve T

Very nice!!!!

Is this the same as what was fitted in waste gun positions ect? Or is that i different spec?

?

The early E-8 Mount (with the circular holes in the back of the shroud) was replaced by the E-11 Mount (solid shroud as with the E-13 above).
    This was fitted in the cheek, radio room, waist and tail positions.
    The E-13 Mount was developed during 1944 to supercede the E-11, with an integral mounting plate for the new predicting gunsights then coming into service and other sundry improvements.

PB

E-8 Flexible gun mount.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AAF E-13 Flexible .50 cal adaptor mount  

***Correction***
    For the above posting, this is NOT an E-8 adaptor cradle but an E-12 according to the USAAF GIF Manual No# 20, this adaptor is also known as the 'Edgewater' type.