Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Airfield Maintenance Equipment

Article about: A few days ago somebody posted a thread and a picture on an old airfield and a large steel scaffold on rollers. I cannot for the life of me find that thread to add to it and there was some q

Default Airfield Maintenance Equipment

A few days ago somebody posted a thread and a picture on an old airfield and a large steel scaffold on rollers. I cannot for the life of me find that thread to add to it and there was some question as to what it was. I stumbled across this pic today and thought it might help.

My apologies for starting a new thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Airfield Maintenance Equipment  

?

Default Re: Airfield Maintenance Equipment

Quote by Brian Childress View Post
    A few days ago somebody posted a thread and a picture on an old airfield and a large steel scaffold on rollers. I cannot for the life of me find that thread to add to it and there was some question as to what it was. I stumbled across this pic today and thought it might help.

My apologies for starting a new thread.

Hi Brian

I believe that the scaffold frame in question is a "heavy lift frame" used for engine removal/refitting etc.

As usual, I am willing to stand corrected by others more knowledgeable than me.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Default Re: Airfield Maintenance Equipment

Thanks Ian. In the thread it was asked if anyone had a pic of these things being used...............so here we are.