Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 120 of 132 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1313

Australian WWII - Far North Queensland Metal detecting and recovery

Article about: Hi Blokes ~ I am posting this as an going blog for interested parties that have been following my fossicking of (extensive) WWII ~ Far North Qld Australia . This area has been described in r

An update on the past few Hunts (including one not yet fully reported ~ ) ~~ Comprehensive but NOT complete ~)

Australian  WWII - Far North  Queensland Metal detecting and  recovery

Fossick #536

Well thought I would get in a hunt before the warmer spell forecast drops on us ~ reasonable start and fine weather ~ although storms now daily drift over us ~ pretty well daily now ~

I decided to do a short run to the cow paddock and see how things are with the "The Bro's ~ and how they have mowed the heavier grass down ~

Even trekked to the distant creek bed and check out what I reckon is a large heap pushed off the paddock opposite as I noted on the 1948 RAAF photos that the field was bare and stripped . But No luck to speak of~

But in true MD form we all seek "That on small spot that has been over looked despite a site being hammered even if that was purely by us as a team !

And glad to say I managed a few cool pieces and a Blank ID Tag ~

Then it was not until I got home and did a cursory first clean up that I realised the ID Tag was not blank at all and even Ms M said she could not even feel the engraving running her fingers over it.

Additionally it is always intriguing to find a ID tag on a site which was totally disassociated with the know unit that resided on the site ~ Seen this many times and makes for intriguing theories,

A lock assembly ~
    A Schick 12 blade dispenser
    Australia Flash with pins
    ID Tag

The frags are brass and I believe from a Hand bell ~ I thought they might be from a broken bell I had found on the site some time back but not to be ~ but they are still of the same density and machining.

Aitape–Wewak campaign Australian infantrymen pause before attacking Japanese positions near Matapau in January 1945.

?

Linz or Lenz Christian Herath is on the electoral roll, first as a horticulturalist at Merbein before moving to Oakleigh with Norma where he was a manager, and Norma a chemist. He passed away in 1969 followed by Norma in 2015. There are photos of him on Google from his sporting days. They had two daughters.

Thanks mate

I searched the Trove ~ NLA ~ and general Google ~ Where am I going wrong then ?

( I am not a memebr of Ancestry .com)

?

Ancestry subscription for the electoral rolls
    Ryerson (death notices) for DOD.
    Search: "Len Herath" Victoria for Google Images (the quotation marks are important, also when using Trove).

Thanks for that Mate ~ will keep that in Mind...

( Must surely be like set free after 111 days of Lock down?)

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    The Mystery Item is seems is in fact a Combo use tool ~ including safety razor and cigar trimmer ~

Not sure I would be ballsy enough to try and shave with it ~

Or could it be...
    Robin Hood Men In Tights Circumcision - YouTube

?

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    ( Must surely be like set free after 111 days of Lock down?)
    Went for a whole 20Km drive yesterday. Could have sworn I was about to fall off the edge of the earth!

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Went for a whole 20Km drive yesterday. Could have sworn I was about to fall off the edge of the earth!
    just enough to charge the battery!

Phew Glad to see you did not push the envelope and go for 25 km !! ~ after all don't need to be up setting Chairman Dan's storm Policia ~

(Crazy ~ we have not had ANY issues in Far North QLD from day one ~ )