Hi all.
The item in question is probably not what you expecting- apologies for it not being a salty Fallschirmjägerhelm helmet!
It is in fact 3 illuminated letters from a large Late Medieval/Gothic 15/16th Century book containing Gregorian Chants used in the Catholic Church services. The 4th photo shows what a complete page looks like. On the back is written in ink "Illuminated Caps letters from a music sheet Italian 16th C(entury) from Monte Cassino". So, it appears that at some point somebody found the book in the rubble, ripped a page out as a souvenir, folded it up & took it home to have it framed. I believe Monte Cassino only refers to the Monastery on the hill. I only paid a few Euros for it & the letters are genuine(hand painted) & not later printed copies. I can't think of any other reason to have the description on the back(or was the book redundant & simply discarded/broken up at some point). I guess we'll never know. RobBattle of Monte Cassino relic/souvenir?Battle of Monte Cassino relic/souvenir?Battle of Monte Cassino relic/souvenir?Battle of Monte Cassino relic/souvenir?