Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battlefields

Article about: In my 3 year enlistment I served in S. Korea(1968-69) and then in Berlin(1969-70) and in both places I found some interesting things. I Korea I was in a field unit, since it was a low-intens

Default Battlefields

In my 3 year enlistment I served in S. Korea(1968-69) and then in Berlin(1969-70) and in both places I found some interesting things. I Korea I was in a field unit, since it was a low-intensity conflict at that time, I was in the field every month. The only place I knew for sure was Uijeongbu, other than that I have no idea where I was, rural Korea, at that time there was still a lot of rural Korea. I took a little adventure walk with one of the other guys to a mud hut village. Out side the village in an open field was a monument, more of a head stone. It was engraved...Gen Bryant E Moore(picture enclosed). Had no idea who he was.
    Then on to Berlin, I was billeted at Andrews Barracks, which ahd served the German Army since WWI as a Cadet Training facility. Under Hitler it was home to the SS troops. There was one building left from WWII, again, went in over the fence. The tile flooring was long gone replaced by dirt, but the walls were in really good condition. As we went down the hall toward a large room, we noticed that the room numbers were inscribed in a skull and cross bones. Reaching the large room we were greeted by floor to ceiling murals depicting scences of death and destruction, administrated by the Nazi troops. Wish I had taken my camera with me that day. I also downloaded a picture of a Nazi SS revirewing stand from Andrews Barracks, and the mud hut type village. But still interesting stuff.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4 as well as the entrance to the barracks.99603[/ATTACH]BattlefieldsBattlefieldsBattlefields
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields