Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Some great pieces of history Olle
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Well said. Or alternativley they remain in the ground lost and bound to be forgotten in the pages of history forever, this way we can see what happened and let their memory live on in the artifacts that are found. I'm certain they would like to be found respected and remembered. And not just left to rot and be forgotten. For each artifact that is sold regardless of who gets the profit they are remembered by this artifact and their spirit lives on in whoever receives it. Nice work i always dreamt of being archeologist but living in Australia the Aboriginees done nothing historically interesting(Ever!)10,000 years and nothing !Have a good one mate from Australia. Keep up the finds!
    Quote by Karell Gott View Post
    Hi guys!!

As I see last month most popular question on this forum:
    "Who I'am? Graverobber or the military archeologist?

I am glad,my European colleagues,that in the European Union
    remains of all soldiers which was KIA are buried and you find only relics without bones.
    But in Russia was lost many soldier and I am compelled to face
    with remains constantly.

WAR IS THE SWEAT,BLOOD AND DEATH!!!!!
    Military archeology in Russia it too sweat (after 15 kilometre
    transition with a backpack), blood (after traumas) and death (you see it when you find remains of soldiers).

And if in Europe think that the military archeology is walk on wood
    in white gloves - that this ERROR!!!!

As I would like to tell,that in Noth Karelia dig a lot of people. And very often I see remains of soldiers dug out only for the making money.(see photo)

Those photos which I posting - is my archive and made for last 15 years.But not all photos - results of my work.

I repeat,all remains which I find,transferred to the official organisations or made temporary burial places for the subsequent become transfers.

As it is not clear what some people here try to name me
    graverobber and after that in РМ ask me to sell relics SS. This is a polity of double standarts.

All that I wanted, when register on this site, it to show
    finds from Noth Karelia...

Great artifacts! My greetings to Maxim when you speak to him next.

Well, I have no metal chickens and skulls but a lot of these things tell a special story about the soldiers
    who spend some of their years of youth in the most unknown areas of Europe during the WWII.
    Some of them never made it home again and still remain out there in the Taiga.
    Thank´s for your replies, I´ll give greetings to Maxim :-)

?

Awesome collection of relics!

Mike

Very nice collection.Nicely displayed also.

?

Awsome! One for each finger!

?

G'day mate, were any whole vehicles found in the lake or just parts? Also were they dumped in there in just slowly gobbled up by the lake? Cheers,Tod.
    Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    from small lake......

?

Wow man, these should be Tourism pics!
    Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    Gebirgsjager strong point "Zirkelstein",Eismeerfront

I arranged the collection for showing it to my friends. One thing that is special is that when you have swedish people looking at things like this and when you tell them about the reality background that is not always so nice, some of them, not all, show a negative reaction. In Sweden, who was a neutral country during the war (not :-/), it is not easy to be one of the interested in war history and equipment related to it.
    It is near to be regarded as a pro-violence nerd and red hot militant. People just don´t have a relation to what happened just outside the boarders of their own country 70 years ago and it is odd that its much more easy to talk about the bloody history in Norway, Finland and Russia. I guess the subject is natural there as everyone in those countries had a granddad or close native who faught and maybe died.
    If I ever will make it to produce and fine finance for the book about War-diggers it will not be lanced first in Sweden.
    This was just a side step from the thread trail, but I think it is interesting.