Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Berlin relics

Article about: G'day all, I bought my first ever relics a couple of weeks ago and they arrived yesterday. The two party badges were found in the Halbe Forrest and the other items were excavated from a cons

Default Berlin relics

G'day all,
    I bought my first ever relics a couple of weeks ago and they arrived yesterday. The two party badges were found in the Halbe Forrest and the other items were excavated from a construction site earlier this year, across the road from where the New Reich Chancellery once stood. I wonder if the iron crosses were part of the hoard that were in the chancellery at wars end? I would imagine it would be quite likely. I think they're great pieces, very symbolic of the final collapse of the reich.
    Cheers,
    Dave.Berlin relics

?

Nice relics mate, I can't believe the ribbon survived that long

Not only the ribbon but there are traces of the packet left of that medal as well!

Fabulous pick up Dave

Relics have never been my focus but recently I have had a notion to add some to my collection. Real gritty history!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick, I never thought about collecting relics before but I just love the fact that these things came from right in the heart of hitlers Reich as it collapsed around him. As you said, real gritty history!

I am surprised that new construction sites in Berlin city aren't covered by archaeological site restrictions or evaluation before the construction crews move in such as they are for historic city & town centres here in the UK especially given the history of Berlin that goes back to at least to the 13th century.

Nice artifacts to have in a TR collection
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Everyone needs a few relics in their collection!

Berlin relics Berlin relics

I am the relic in my collection
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Nice relics Glynn ! Whats the piece of print bottom left, top case ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

These are my only relics:

LAH and 12 SS dog tags

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berlin relics   Berlin relics  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast