Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A couple of recent finds

Article about: Cheers Steve. I've been researching future sites, and out and about with my detector. May have the chance of digging up an Anderson Shelter that was never cleared out at the end of the war.

Default Re: A couple of recent finds

Cheers Steve.
    I've been researching future sites, and out and about with my detector. May have the chance of digging up an Anderson Shelter that was never cleared out at the end of the war. Filled in but was never emptied of its contents
    Found some training areas, and some british army dump sites, just need permission to dig them
    Will keep you all informed.
    SW

Default Re: A couple of recent finds

Thanks to Jimbo for his help in identifying the Fuse. It is a 700 MKII fuse from a British 3in anti-aircraft rocket, as used on 'Z' rocket launchers. As an interesting note, my friend Richard's Grandfather was crew on one of the 'Z' rocket batterys within my home town, close to where my fuse was found... perhaps mine was off one that he fired

A few photos of relevance, including an old photo of a 'Z' rocket projector in Chelmsford (possibly the one that fired mine). Nice to have a photo of the projector that may have fired my fuse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of recent finds   A couple of recent finds  

A couple of recent finds   A couple of recent finds  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2