Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Detected finds, Northern France. Identification help please.

Article about: Hi everyone. I have posted some images for interest and hopefully some I.D. assistance please. I have located an interesting spot, namely a field (where the farmer kindly gave me permission

Hi Francis, some nice items your finding.

Quote by francis View Post
    Hi Glenn. Happy New Year. After looking at a blow up diagram of an FW190 and looking up some numbers on other artifacts, it does appear that what I have found is more likely the site of a Focke Wulf rather than that of a ME109. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Do you have any idea what some of the other items might be? On a different note. In your opinion is it better (ie more successful for identification purposes) to put 1 image at a time as opposed to a large selection? Also, is it better to start off a new thread each time, or is this considered bad etiquette/a waste of space? Please advise. Im not that hot on the rights and wrongs on forum use. Kind regards. Francis
    Greetings Francis! Always a Pleasure to hear from you along with your interesting discoveries!! I think you're doing very well as far as posting goes...If there's a problem, I'm sure the friendly Moderators here will let you know what's best...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn View Post
    I've learned that the Black-Colored Piece above is the Left Side-Panel for a Focke-Wulf Fw190 Fighter...
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi Glenn,
    I hope that you are well. I just thought that I would give you an update on this aircraft you have helped to I.D..
    Well, I've just returned from France and I have dug up a lot more pieces. I have found an air scoop, the piece fitted below engine cowling to direct cooling air to radiators. Well, to be more precise, I found 2 of these. It appears that what I have is a twin engined German plane now! I have also an identification panel and some more parts including some rather mashed up radiators, and what appears to be some access panels!. As soon as I get time, and they are cleaned, I will post more pics. Hopefully in the next week or so.
    Hope you find them interesting.
    Bye for now
    Regards, Francis

Hello, with the permit to dug ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, with the permit to dug ?
    Good Evening Lebus12. I don't go to where a permit is required. This is from a privately owned field
    with the owners permission. His land is arable only and I can go when he has no seeds or crops in the ground. Usually after ploughing. I still have to fill in my holes of course. I think that he is happy I remove the metal from his field. Naturally, the engines have gone as is all the heavy stuff such as armaments and undercarriage. The bits left are peices of fuselage and stuff that has been turned over by ploughing several times in past 70 years. Regards, Francis.

Nice to hear from you again, Francis! Sounds like you've got a good thing going for you, congratulations friend!
    Needless to say, photos of your finds are always appreciated, lol...(hint, hint)
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Bigmacglenn I hope that you are well. Please watch this space. Some new additions are coming very shortly. Kind regards. Francis

As this thread is now quite old I will start a new one with some (hopefully) interesting finds.
    Last edited by francis; 02-01-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2