Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Digging in Norway & Kurland

Article about: Hi everybody! I have been a lurker in these forums for a few years and found it was time to present myself and open a thread where I will post some pics from expeditions and finds. Some of t

?

Thanks. Yes,there is some Nice stuff to be found here in Norway,so better use the time wise before snow hits
    Was out at the old military base again to do some digging,warm and sunny Autumn days is best spent like this

I was heading straight to the pit I left yesterday,but just a few steps in I had some good signals,and ofcourse I had to see what it was..
    A grenade rack,pretty crap condition..

Next hit was massive,and I had it for 5-6 meter lenght and about half meter wide,wtf I thought and slung the backpack and md away,shovel time..

I opened up a good pit and under the forest floor was Nice gray clay,and 40 cm into it there was something shiny,lots and lots of shiny Things InFact..

They all seemed to be live, some of them had cracked but all in very Nice condition,it smelled gunpowdery..

Good stuff... is that flare gun ammo or something? I'd love to dig a bit before the frost and real winter comes in once again but my detector's pretty crap and I have yet to do any decent research re. the Trondheim area --- I've mostly been going to plane wreck sites and a few local positions the last few years.
    One place I would have loved to have even just a rusty shell from is Gratangen, this as my grandfather was up there during the April '40 battle (see my avatar).

Anyway, keep your finds coming.... looks like you're onto some decent areas!

?

..I went to the oposite end of this "belt" of good signal and more of the same..

All of them german and With good stamps..Now,I had another pit to finish so I filled the holes and covered it up,needs more digging there,,tomorrow prehaps. Next I spent an hour or two going through the grenade pit from yesterday,but there wasnt anything else than some scrap and loads more of those grenade screwcap thingies and porcelain balls..

Nice pictures! Wish I was there too!

?

It is flare gun ammo yes. In and around Trondheim you should be able do do some Nice digging,,I lived there for many years and I know some places I would love to search

Just a meter away I had to open a New pit,but I didnt get very far...

So,it was time to head back before the shops closed to get a New shovel so I am ready for tomorrow.. I Wonder what this thing might be though,a lid of some sort maybe?

Fuel

Great finds inka, keep the photos coming!

?

Lot's of more interesting finds I have just been in Finland. Lot's of fuel (blueberries) I even picked liters of them

Regards, Lars

I am jealous of you folks in Europe. I believe if I lived there I would spend every free minute detecting and digging! Guess I will have to live vicariously through the forum and YouTube videos. Thanks for posting!

?

Would you be up for a dig when the snow melts after winter? I'd love to travel over and do a bit and see what I could find!
    Ryanair fly to Norway !

?

Sure,it could be possible

Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast