Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A few bits for id

Article about: Hello, Yesturday me, my uncle and my other friend spent the afternoon detecting the beach. we found lots of fishing wieghts and some intresting brass items Seen any of these bits in your boo

Default A few bits for id

Hello,

Yesturday me, my uncle and my other friend spent the afternoon detecting the beach. we found lots of fishing wieghts and some intresting brass items

Seen any of these bits in your book Steve?

My uncle and friend have found many brass items all different shapes and sizes over the years. but due to work i only get to have a go once in a while when the tiddes are right.

cheers

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few bits for id   A few bits for id  

A few bits for id   A few bits for id  

A few bits for id   A few bits for id  

A few bits for id  

?

Default Re: A few bits for id

hi , not sure about the brass finds , but pic 5 i think its a rabbit !.....cheers paul

Quote by ppsh33 View Post
    hi , not sure about the brass finds , but pic 5 i think its a rabbit !.....cheers paul
    No, that's dinner........By the way, LOVE the nails Clarice.....!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

WH

Some very intriguing items. I need to look at the settings on my MD as I am sue it hasn't got a 'Floppy ears' discrimination dial. It may have though.........

The brass items with the WD arrow on them are probably bits off fuses but what exactly I'm not sure. I'll have a rummage and see if I can find them.

Steve T

PS Has the rabbit got a WD arrow on it ?

...or a RZM mark?
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Agree that the main photos appear to be parts fro ordnance/fuses.

BTW, thats not just any rabbit guys, thats the ultra rare"Relic Hunting Rabbit in brown" (Rabbittus Relicus) Identified by the long ears and (very) dark eyes. Also note the "two - tone" effect of the markings and the special "safety cage" in the background of the photo.

Regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 04-19-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

I think we should be more worried about the fact that WH is wearing Totes AND appears to also be wearing pink nail varnish. Last time I saw him he definitely didn't have pink nail varnish on, although I did mention to him that the frock he was wearing probably wasn't a good idea when digging an RAF dump.

Steve T

ian
    ?

i think the small item in hand is a gearbox drain plug it should have or had a magnet in the end of it
    it looks very familier could be from an AEC matatdor ?? im not sure though
    the large one looks familier allso but its got me stuck at the moment
    cheers ian

Haha! thanks for the comments guys. I didn't know i put a picture of my rabbit 'Macky' on. i think my sister must have uploaded when i was out of the room Payback for writing on her facebook wall

Ian. We also find lots of live shells around this area so Steve is right about them being fuse parts.

I had another go this evening. Found 7 more fishing wieghts uncle had 7 and me mate had 2 more of the fuse things

Cheers

John

?

Guys, you are missing something vital here, the rabbit is clearly using semaphore with its ears, if my memory serves, it says "Where the hell is Watership Down "