Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Flare Pistol- Roermond

Article about: Sorry I omitted this pic on my first thread I was told it was French but used the same calibre as the German equivelent It had some wood on the handle when I found it but unfortunatley decay

Default Flare Pistol- Roermond

Sorry I omitted this pic on my first thread

I was told it was French but used the same calibre as the German equivelent

It had some wood on the handle when I found it but unfortunatley decayed and fell off

PS has anyone any tips on preserving my rusty relics as most of them have just crumbled and I know I need some form of protective treatment

Thanks

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flare Pistol- Roermond  

Default Re: Flare Pistol- Roermond

Hay John
    What i do with my rusty finds is saok them in WD40 or Duck oil for a few days (longer the better) then wrap them up in some clean rag for a day or so then repeat but the second time leave it wraped up for a week then i find that most things come out alot stronger than before. Only one problem it does make the relic smell for a wile but just leave it in a garden shead or somewhere for a wile and the smell will go. Ow and dont use aerosole cans you can bye WD40 and simila oils in 5L cans its much cheaper. Hope this helps.

appie
    ?

Yes I think its French too, it sure isn't a German Leuchtpistole, although it does look like a 2,7cm Sturmpistole from a distance. Finding it in Roermond doesn't really help to find out what it is, as the Germans, British and Yanks were there.
    Don't think its British though, maybe Beutewaffen??

Rick
    ?

Hi nice find, on cleaning, where i work a mechanic tol me that putting it in to a bucket of diesel for a while will do the trick, i have tried this on old tools and a siezed rachet wrench the rachet works like new now.

good luck

Rick

Hello, This is a Vz-30 Czech flare pistol. Produced with wood grips from 1933 to 1938. In 1939 and beyond they were produced with plastic grips.

Good Collecting, signalman